Good going out of business sale...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least, ya'll got an email. I clicked the link in my confirmation email to find out that my order was cancelled.

Well, its official, they canceled my order as well... I guess I'll get my carboy handles and bottle tree at full retail... Just got the email today...

Mine got canceled too... I just thought they didnt have the 30 lbs of malt extract that I ordered, but I guess they don't have anything.

Canceled here as well. I feel bad they are going out of business but give me a break, everyones order canceled? And it took 4 days for me to be notified, might want to look at order fulfillment as a primary cause for having to close up shop in the first place....

Yes...with tracking number. Shipped from TN. Sorry that this isn't working out for anyone, I feel like a heel.

When did you order and at what time of the day? Also, what did you order?

It seems there is no rhyme or reason to their cancellations...

I knew it was too good. I received a cancellation email. All I ordered was 10lbs of one step..I better not have a charge on my bill....

Yes...with tracking number. Shipped from TN. Sorry that this isn't working out for anyone, I feel like a heel.

Don't feel like a heel, we appreciate that you posted what looked like a good deal, but they didn't have the stock or the quick reactions needed to take on HBT :)

It's obviously not your fault, BoxofRain. I ordered almost immediately after you posted the thread and still got cancelled... I didn't bother buying the sanke's, cuz I knew they would already be gone, but I figured 2 carboy handles and a drying rack for my bottles wouldn't be on people's #1 list of things to order.

All in all, i think whenever we find deals like these, we should post them to not only help out the vendors, but also to help out each other. I have posted many times on the MoreBeer deal of the day and it always sells out fast...

Thanks again!

Part of me can't help but wonder if this guy started getting flooded with orders and thought to himself, "Hmm... Maybe my prices are a bit TOO low."

I don't think he realized the actual demand that exists.

Part of me can't help but wonder if this guy started getting flooded with orders and thought to himself, "Hmm... Maybe my prices are a bit TOO low."

I don't think he realized the actual demand that exists.

You may be on to something here...

That's what I mean. He was probably used to getting a certain amount of traffic, from which he got a certain number of sales. That traffic probably represented about .1% of all available qualified traffic on the 'net. He was probably living on the edge of profitability from that, and when the economy started to slip so did he.

Then all of a sudden he gets more sales in one day than he did in the last month, and he starts to think to himself, "Hey... maybe it's not just the economy! There certainly seem to be a lot of folks out there interested in purchasing brewing supplies, maybe I just need to do a better job of attracting them!" Which, of course, is true.

By "qualified traffic" I mean everyone who is surfing a homebrew supply shop during the same time period, BTW... Not everyone on the 'Net at large.

For what it's worth, I placed an order immediately after seeing the post and it has shipped. There were two items in my order that were sold out (Montrachet yeast and some Irish moss) and I was advised and was not charged for them. The shipping was charged for the amount that showed on the web site too. Looks like my package is in Nashville right now and should be here by Friday.

I feel bad that so many others didn't get what they wanted. I'm usually in that crowd too. I feel lucky this time. Of course, the package hasn't actually arrived yet....

Yeah, anyone else here order a floor corker, a hard cheese kit, lactose, corks, and dry wine yeast?

My order was just so eclectic I found it a little hard to believe all the HBT folks beat me to the punch. Seemed more like a case of the f*ckits to me.

So I'm outside brewing today and a UPS truck pulls up in front of my house. Turns out it was my canceled order. Go figure..

In case anyone's interested, the kegs were ball lock. They don't look pretty and one of them is missing a pressure relief valve and both IN posts were star shaped.

Back