Good buy for bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redhawk

Reaction score
Just moved from TX to TN and the wife for some odd reason didn't want me to bring my 300 + empties in the same truck with all our stuff; I need to stock up now to get back to brewing.

I found this site: http://www.ebottles.com/showbottles...TOP+SQUARES+WITH+WIRE+BAIL+STOPPERS+-+GLASS+#

Any ideas on whether or not these would work? I hate bottling but don't have the funds to get started with kegging. Looks like the 1L would serve as a nice solution at a good price.

I don't think thats a very good price to be honest. You don't want to use clear bottles anyway. I would just check some of the online homebrew suppliers and get a couple of cases (look for around $10-$12 a case). Then start buying a 6 pack of some good pop top beers in the craft brew section at the grocery store a couple of times a week. It would actually be cheaper to buy bottles with beer in them than the ones on that site.

Yeah, that looks like a bad price. For 12 ez-cap amber 500ml bottles, it's like $28 or something. Those clear ones are $37 for only 10 of them.

The 1L are for some reason cheaper than the 500ml...but still, I'd want to go amber bottles.

I can get 12 packs of craft beer for an average of $13. & the boxes are sturdy & tough. The Leinenkugle's are the only ones with separators so far. Makes that stack of a few hundred bottles pretty small. This way,you not only get pop top bottles,you get boxes with folding flaps (Leinenkugel's have lock tabs too),to keep filled bottles in the dark.

Back