Global Conspiracy?? -You Tube Science-

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Reaction score
So Im spending the afternoon surfing the interwebs as I normally do. When I came across this. I put it in mindless numbings because well.....you'll see

Its 10 minutes long but its actually rather interesting. Is the earth growing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird. I only half paid attention. Does he ever mention what size the Earth used to be? Does he address where all of this growth is coming from? What is being added to Earth to make it bigger?

There are a bunch of bizarre comments below the video, and at one point he seems to give up and say, "well, matter can be made. who cares how?"

well, water for one thing. i think a lot of the earth was under water and as earth grows and expands and the continents shift further apart and outward, water fills it in.

basically he's challenging the theory that there was one huge land mass and the majority of the world was water, then this land mass spread out. he's saying instead that the land mass that once covered the entire earth (IM assuming covered with water) broke apart and spread out.

maybe i'm totally off, but it makes sense to me. i'll watch again. i just saw parts, gotta get back to werk now.

I read through the comments below where the author of this work (Neal Adams) tries to answer peoples questions. He answers the water questions with an explanation how the inside of the earth is pretty much churning different materials around at amazing pressure and heat and the ones that come to the surface usually are in simple form i.e. silicon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, and so forth. Hence the possibility for expansion and growth and also the explanation of why there can be so much water now and possibly not then.

He has some pretty good explanations of some of the questions, but i am leaning to think that this could be possibly just some psychological game kinda like the Flat Earth Society because this could just be an excercise in challenging the status quo and getting a reaction.

Maybe if there was more hardcore evidence instead of a fancy video i'd be more compelled to analyze it critically.

Kinda cool stuff.

Ok, i hate to be a nerd, but my cousin (who also is a serious beer fan ^_^) came over and we discussed this topic. Here is something interesting we derived.

According the concept and implementation of thermal dynamic properties it can be assumed that the Universe is constantly expanding. Under those same pretenses it is assumed that all atomic mass and particles are founded within this pressure and restrictions. Now, if the universe is constantly expanding, kinda like spilling a beer, then it also can be assumed that therefore expansion of these laws would allow ALL matter and mass to expand at the same ratio, which means, that Earth does indeed expand continuosly. The trick though is since our measuring tools are also under these same guidelines, it is almost impossible for us to measure this since the tools are also expanding equally. With that expansion, the earth would expand and them landmass would also expand, but not at the same rate in the regards that central mass is much denser and would expand more than our outer mass. Make sense? Oh god, why did i start drinking at noon!

Gah, nerd stuff i know, but man did that get me thinking. Anyone else find this incredibly interesting?

Klainmeister said:
Ok, i hate to be a nerd, but my cousin (who also is a serious beer fan ^_^) came over and we discussed this topic. Here is something interesting we derived.

According the concept and implementation of thermal dynamic properties it can be assumed that the Universe is constantly expanding. Under those same pretenses it is assumed that all atomic mass and particles are founded within this pressure and restrictions. Now, if the universe is constantly expanding, kinda like spilling a beer, then it also can be assumed that therefore expansion of these laws would allow ALL matter and mass to expand at the same ratio, which means, that Earth does indeed expand continuosly. The trick though is since our measuring tools are also under these same guidelines, it is almost impossible for us to measure this since the tools are also expanding equally. With that expansion, the earth would expand and them landmass would also expand, but not at the same rate in the regards that central mass is much denser and would expand more than our outer mass. Make sense? Oh god, why did i start drinking at noon!

Gah, nerd stuff i know, but man did that get me thinking. Anyone else find this incredibly interesting?
Is it mushroom season in Oregon already? :rockin:

so earthquakes are caused by spreading and not subduction? I'm not sure about it. He makes some good points but I don't know nearly enough about this subject to believe or dismiss this.

cha ngo said:
Is it mushroom season in Oregon already? :rockin:

Touche, touche. I don't know, it just got me thinking a little. I like that crazy science stuff.

And no, it's not season yet, give us another 3 weeks and they'll be getting ready. :fro:

Actually this theory is picking up steam amongst scientists. The reason the skipped past it years ago was no explanation for how the matter was created. Now with mordern science there are some possible theories on that.

The main seller for me is the age of the sea bed in the pacific.

No worse than subduction theory. They still can't explain 50% of the problems with that theory.

After all, North america appears to be subducting in two seperate directions....

They thought the idea of oceanic ridges was bull**** till satalites proved they exist.

That's not quite true.
Tectonic plates were taken seriously by many geoplanetary scientists decades ago.
Only the old guard dismissed the notion.
When Einstein first published General Relativity there was a load of things that couldnt then be tested.
Didn't make it wrong.

Billions and billions.

This is pseudo-science.
Like "Intelligent Design".

works for me . . . but I dont believe most of science anyway because it changes every few years. There is a reason they call everything "theorys". It gives them an out. To me it's just like medicine. Why do ya think they call it a "practice" . . . cuz they dont know WTF they are doing either

The problem with the sciences is you have people who stake their long careers on one theory and when new science comes along that starts to show that that theory is wrong... it get's heavily resisted.

Same with anthropothic sciences etc...

Only thing I want to know is where the mass is coming from. Only thing I can think of is as someone said earlier is it's expanding just like the universe is or e=mc^2, but I don't think there's enough energy being dealt with to make that much mass.

It's dark matter melting and coalescing into the gravity pool of the Earth. Then it converts to regular matter.

Like icicles dripping onto my deck, into pools of water.

Only it's happening at a subatomic level and making the happy and sideways quarks get fat and combine into leptons and neutrinos - eventually electrons and protons. It is so small we don't notice it.

It probably affects beer brewing. Not at a very great degree, but maybe just a few anions in solution.

Then we drink it. The anions that were created from the happy quarks imbue their happiness to our body mass and briefly add to our happiness.

:fro:

Now, if the universe is constantly expanding, kinda like spilling a beer, then it also can be assumed that therefore expansion of these laws would allow ALL matter and mass to expand at the same ratio

No, I don't think that you can draw that conclusion. Sorry. I can get my head around why the universe is expanding, but that has nothing to do with the atoms in my ass.

Back