G'day From Austraya

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Brew Talkers,
I'm Sam from NSW Australia. just joined yesterday.
Started my first homebrew on the 22nd, tis a Morgan Lager... Can't wait to try it!!! No doubt i'll be asking newbie questions at some time and hopefully get to chat with most of yall ; )

Thanks boo boo.
Hopefully they all went well and tasted great!
I'm still very much in the learning stages, but hopefully my first is a goodin' and i don't make it to premature haha.....

Good to see a fellow Aussie on here Sam! Haha

I'm from SA myself, the biggest thing you'll encounter this time of year is temp control.. Just keep an eye on it

Thanks for the tip GapByear, i need them.
I got sent from the shop i purchase from a yeast with an ideal temp that's in between 11C and 15C. I have been surprised at how well my temp has stayed at 14C when the weather has been all over the place!! Hope your brewing is going well!

SamTheBrewinMan said:
Hi Brew Talkers,
I'm Sam from NSW Australia. just joined yesterday.
Started my first homebrew on the 22nd, tis a Morgan Lager... Can't wait to try it!!! No doubt i'll be asking newbie questions at some time and hopefully get to chat with most of yall ; )

Hey Sam I have done a keg of Morgan lager it was good let it sit for 4 weeks got 4 kegs down of coopers draught put 250 g honey in one keg only started in feb I think longer you leave it the better it gets still learning to cheers Paul

Thanks Paul.
Adding honey sounds great! I'm not sure if I'll be patient enough for the first brew to last 4 wks..... but see how i go. Drank the sample from the SG test today was unreal! 1018 by the way ; ) seems like I'm on track.

Thanks boo boo.
Hopefully they all went well and tasted great!
I'm still very much in the learning stages, but hopefully my first is a goodin' and i don't make it to premature haha.....

Well they made beer, :D

I'm making much better beer these days doing all grain. Temperature control is very important in beer making. The better control over it you have, the better beer you'll make.
Take your time and have fun with it. You'll only get better with time. :mug:

Back