Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing "next" about it. KBS has been highly sought after for a long time.

Yeah, it's been hyped up for several years now. I got a couple bottles through a lottery at the liquor store. That's about the most effort I'm willing to put into tracking down rare releases.

Funny thing I heard about beer....

People standing in line at 8AM when the bottle shop opens at 9 because they heard the truck was bringing KBS that day.

I'm so done with these hype beers. Nothing is that good. It's beer people, settle down and re-prioritize your life.

You have to feel sorry for the poor saps who have to stand in line because they can't make their own.

I was just at 5 Seasons brewing (Atlanta area brew pub chain) and ordered their ESB. I had it just a few weeks ago and was looking forward to another since my next planned brew is an MO/EKG SMASH. My wife ordered their blonde, which is a pretty typical BMC-appeal beer.

They brought out 2 of the blondes. When I politely pointed it out, the waitress checked for me and the bartender confirmed it was the ESB I was brought. They were both pale yellow, there was no way MO was in the same building as what they were trying to sell me was an ESB. It was clear they tapped the wrong keg.

Another waiter tried both beers and could tell "the difference in the malt." I gave up. Before I left I told the girl to compare the colors in a week to the malt vinegar (for the fish and chips) on the table. I figure by then they will have fixed the problem and won't be still selling a light blonde as an ESB.

I hate being told I'm wrong when I know what I'm talking about. I'm no expert yet, but I had that beer just a few weeks ago. There was no confusing the two.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Heard some gems at the taproom I work in last week.

"Yeah barley wines came around when wine makers screwed up some wine batches"

"I don't like saisons mainly because they are wheat beers"

Off topic but hilarious.

"Jesus didn't need coconut water and probiotics, that dude was ripped.

"Yeah barley wines came around when wine makers screwed up some wine batches"

I feel like when people say things like that they're just saying something for the sake of saying something. Just filler, like my post right now haha. Someone asked me the other day at work why we didn't carry fortified beer and that they can find it in California. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like IF that existed, there would be very few out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I feel like when people say things like that they're just saying something for the sake of saying something. Just filler, like my post right now haha. Someone asked me the other day at work why we didn't carry fortified beer and that they can find it in California. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like IF that existed, there would be very few out there.

If we do have fortified beer it can not be anything that would taste good. Trying to think what the California health nuts would fortify with: yoga, sea watter, pine needles, surf boards, bikinis (!?)...

If we do have fortified beer it can not be anything that would taste good. Trying to think what the California health nuts would fortify with: yoga, sea watter, pine needles, surf boards, bikinis (!?)...

I would be willing to fortify my beer with a bikini if it came off the right body

I heard that on the commercial and was like wtf are they smoking now,
Wonder how many people belive other beer is distilled, bet everyone that asked us if we were making moon shine because of our immersion chiller started thinkin I knew it that neighbor is a distiller lien prick lol

That's it!!! Wallace Shawn said it. I think he used it again in The Double 0 Kid; just once though.

so, That means that California causes cancer? I knew it. And as a result New Jersey must cause STD's and Florida's is Alzheimers. Maybe DC causes politics then? I am starting to figure this whole being healthy and causation thing out.

Here in Ohio it's if you don't like the weather,wait 5 minutes. Then there's always the drivers with bigger/more expensive car than you thinking they have more rights on the road then you. Then the fools that insist on being in front & tap dancing on the break pedal to teach you how to drive. When all the while you're just trying to get to/from the lhbs...:drunk:

so, That means that California causes cancer? I knew it. And as a result New Jersey must cause STD's and Florida's is Alzheimers. Maybe DC causes politics then? I am starting to figure this whole being healthy and causation thing out.

Whoa, whoa! Leave Jersey out of your pseudo-causative fuzzy science ramblings. (Besides, West Virginia causes STDs... everybody knows THAT)

Here in Ohio it's if you don't like the weather,wait 5 minutes. Then there's always the drivers with bigger/more expensive car than you thinking they have more rights on the road then you. Then the fools that insist on being in front & tap dancing on the break pedal to teach you how to drive. When all the while you're just trying to get to/from the lhbs...:drunk:

That's why you need a big enough bumper that brake checks don't scare you. I have a 4Runner like this with fender flares and no bumper lights. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397564744.803248.jpg

Two days ago it was sunny and 76. Yesterday was stormy and 60's. Today we have possible snow and a low of 22. Stupid Ohio.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

Whoa, whoa! Leave Jersey out of your pseudo-causative fuzzy science ramblings. (Besides, West Virginia causes STDs... everybody knows THAT)

nice try, my friend, but I don't think stumbling petri dishes JWOW or Snooki or The Situation were from WV

WV causes shotgun weddings of first cousins and environmental banjo music

Actually,in our neck of WV,it caused white or keg charred moon. None of this inbreeding stuff. Meth was unknown at that time. But beer & moon flowed like water. And plenty of game for dinner.

Here in Ohio it's Then there's always the drivers with bigger/more expensive car than you thinking they have more rights on the road then you. Then the fools that insist on being in front & tap dancing on the break pedal to teach you how to drive. When all the while you're just trying to get to/from the lhbs...:drunk:

I always seem to get the knuckleheads in the $500 rust heaps, driving like arseholes. I give them a wide berth, as they act like they have nothing to lose, and they probably don't have insurance. Besides, I don't want to get pelted with parts falling off.

I always seem to get the knuckleheads in the $500 rust heaps, driving like arseholes. I give them a wide berth, as they act like they have nothing to lose, and they probably don't have insurance. Besides, I don't want to get pelted with parts falling off.

winterbeaters. lol

WV is for inbreeding and daddy issues

nice try, my friend, but I don't think stumbling petri dishes JWOW or Snooki or The Situation were from WV

WV causes shotgun weddings of first cousins and environmental banjo music

exactly

No, no. West Virginia causes meth addiction. And a lack of potable water.

I always thought that meth was from the mid-west and the middle east (central time zone). There is something that seems to affect people who are not within a days drive of a large body of water. People seem to get... quirky. Like in Fargo (the movie, I do not know if i could put up with the tv show).

Back