Funny Things Billy-Klubb Should Say About Beer in Public

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hops we're familiar with today isn't the same ingredient our ancestors used in their beer. There is a now extinct insect that originally shared the name ("Hops") that used to be thrown in the boil to bitter beer. These hops were so named because they would hop, not unlike a grasshopper.

We don't use them today because even back in ancient times, everyone was into IPAs and the insect quickly became extinct. The hops we use today are generally accepted by the beer council as a poor substitute, but they work fairly well given the circumstances.

"Guinness is such a good beer that they needed to start a book of the records it has broken, hence the now infamous Guinness Book of World Records."

Well, actually ... The "Guinness" in Guinness world records is the same as the brewery. The book was started by Sir Hugh Beaver, then the managing director of Guinness Breweries, to settle bar room arguments.

Well, actually ... The "Guinness" in Guinness world records is the same as the brewery. The book was started by Sir Hugh Beaver, then the managing director of Guinness Breweries, to settle bar room arguments.

I don't think that was the "funny" part.

"Guinness is such a good beer that they needed to start a book of the records it has broken

The relationship between the beer and the book is pretty common knowledge.

The idea that the book was started specifically to house records about the beer being great is mildly humorous.

The relationship between the beer and the book is pretty common knowledge.
The idea that the book was started specifically to house records about the beer being great is mildly humorous.

OK, good, that's what I'd hoped, but I wasn't quite sure. I only just learned the link myself a few weeks ago. :)

I had no idea that there was a link between the two, I just thought that linking them the way I did would be slightly better than mildly humorous.

looks like i just got "well-actually'd" for "well-actuallying" a valid "well-actually".

keanu-image-8.png

IPAs were created during a hop shortage. Brewers started adding pine trees, mangoes, and grapefruits to mimic the hop flavors. But they added too much and made a new style of beer. They are super strong because of the pine trees making turpentine in the beer. If you drink too many of them, you'll go blind.

IPAs were created during a hop shortage. Brewers started adding pine trees, mangoes, and grapefruits to mimic the hop flavors. But they added too much and made a new style of beer. They are super strong because of the pine trees making turpentine in the beer. If you drink too many of them, you'll go blind.

or your teeth will just fall out

In a loud voice say "I am the lizard king, I can do anything, raise your hands if you understand!" Then chug a beer, take a bow & run away laughing. Doing this in front of a cop earns extra points. :D
Regards, GF.

Stand beside someone at a bus stop & start off a conversation with "Beer makes me pee..." See how things devolve from there. When the bus gets there, don't get on, just stand there & wave while holding your crotch. Be sure you have a BIG smile. :D
Regards, GF.

Back