Funny Things Billy-Klubb Should Say About Beer in Public

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Russian Imperial Stouts were brewer by British Brewers during the time of the Romanovs, but under duress, as their families were threatened by the KGB. The Russian Monarchy were the only ones permitted to drink it, as it was said to make the drinkers impervious to most forms of harm, from poisoning to Bolsheviks. Sadly, some dude named Rasputin intercepted most of it and got really drunk, and after getting stabbed and poisoned and shot and maybe some other stuff too, he fell asleep, and someone lopped off his man-parts and he died.

Dead_Rasputin.jpg

magnetocaloric core refrigerator cooled beer will make you attractive to the opposite sex but adds calories to the cooled beer. If consumed in excess the weight gain will undo any attractiveness gained. The magnetocaloric core was discovered over a century ago but the calorie gain was seen in beer at the time so further research was canceled. Today's new metal alloys gains in calories has been reduced to 10% to 30%, depending on the container. The first commercial attempt will be introduced at this year's ces.

Beer was originally packaged in cans for people who fish. The original concept found when the can is attached to the fishing line, the reflection off the can attracts fish. It was found later that year the water helped keep the can of beer cool and the person fishing had something to drink on the way back to the dock.

@Trippel-A

Yesterday on a chat thread, I saw a lot of the old "drinking a Guinness is like eating a loaf of bread" comments. Even comparison to pumpernickel, which is wrong on every dimension except color.

me- Drinking Guinness is just like eating a loaf of pumpernickel since Guinness is made out of pumpernickel bread. That's why you can live off of nothing but Guinness and an orange.

Hop pellets are made by feeding whole cones of the plant Humulus Lupulus to rabbits and collecting their droppings. This stabilizes their acids and essential oils, and improves their utilization by being broken down during the digestive process. This is how the plant came to be known as Hops.

Yeah. It's just like that civet coffee.

All beer starts out as a dark beer.

The difference between how a darker and lighter beer is made is the light beer is brewed out in the sun, which bleaches it and gives the beer the signature light color we all enjoy.
Dark beer is brewed indoors, away from direct light, keeping the dark color intact.

In addition to bleaching the beer, direct sunlight also evaporates most of the alcohol, which is why dark beers are always so high in ABV and light color beers are always more sessionable.

Arab traders in the 10th century could stay alive for months on long desert crossings without water by drinking a tremendous amount of beer before leaving camp and then simply drinking their own urine during the voyage ... a practice which would otherwise be toxic with just plain water or any other liquid.

On NCIS New Orleans. Yeah, yeah. It's what's on. Anyway.

"This guy has hooch breath."
The cop find his case of bottles. Brown swing tops. The cop opens one and it foams a little. He takes a sip, and the suspect says,
"It's a crisp IPA with hops, light citrus notes, honey, and a dry finish."
"Don't dress it up. It's still moonshine. No wonder you don't like visitors."
"It's just a hobby."
"Oh yeah? You pay taxes on this hobby?"

A little later, they referred to him as "the moonshiner".

And now they've called pollen "dander".

Wow. This is the dumbest show on TV. And this is in addition to them cramming every cliche about south Louisiana they could drum up into one episode.

"Budweiser is the only beer brewed with both peach and pumpkin and has to be aged over beech wood to explain the off flavors these ingredients produce."

How is the new video coming? Do you think you have enough material for at least one?

I need someone to run the camera and to edit for me.

Well if you are ever in NE I would be happy to run a camera. The looks we would get would be a whole 2nd video. I am finally starting to get around some but the doctor I went to this last week was thinking I had had a stroke when I ran into him on my way to his office. If that gives you any idea about how well I am getting around now. Still way better than I was. I look like this :drunk: when I start getting tired.

so, I ran into a fellow home brewer at MGM in Mankato, MN today. he had a bunch of Surly brews and I wanted to make a "Eepah" comment, but there was no one to record my jackassery. turns out the guy is an AG brewer and has been brewing for 22 years. helluva nice guy. I should have given him my number or some nonsense.

so, I ran into a fellow home brewer at MGM in Mankato, MN today. he had a bunch of Surly brews and I wanted to make a "Eepah" comment, but there was no one to record my jackassery. turns out the guy is an AG brewer and has been brewing for 22 years. helluva nice guy. I should have given him my number or some nonsense.

It's pronounced "eepah"? Damn, I thought it was "eye-pah." I've been mispronouncing it all these years. No wonder people at liquor stores snicker when I ask where they keep their eye-pahs.

Sounds like Billy has a man crush!

:ban::ban::ban:

(Only dancing bananas fit in this situation.)

Back