• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FT: Budweiser: Cellared 30+ Years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad, I coulda offered you this fine breakfast stout.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/cib-morning-wood-breakfast-stout/162669/

Totally started reading reviews of all their beers apparently they all suck here are some choice reviews

Yola’s Artisan Ale

Bottle share in Asheville. Extremely soupy, so ugly in the glass. Nose of cheap nail varnish. Weird rotting fruit esters. Bottled fart. The taste is similarly nasty. Old mandarins, rotting vegetables. Bizarre chemical notes. Very strange indeed. Not good.

750 ml bottle from John’s Grocery- thanks, Andy! Batch 7, bottle 29, as if it matters. Pours a hazy dully amber-gold with a small off-white head. Notes of cardboard, honey, vegetables, earth, wood, lemon, and sourdough. Light-medium bodied, with a tart, vegetal mouthfeel and moderate carbonation. Like all of their beers, this one sucks and is characterized by weird vegetal notes and muddled dumpster juice. Ugh. Just quit.

Dethhanger Quadruple Brown Ale

Holy hell. WTF. Brown pour. Favors? Compost. F*$#ing compost. Say what? I think they used rotten trees in this beer or the liquid from the bottom of a dumpster? Yeah, I think that’s it.

Pours a deep amber brown with a creamy off white head that laced. Aroma of dirty socks, wood, light sourness and very earthy. Flavor of musty leaves that are rotting, nuts, caramel, dirt and a light sourness. Really kind of dirty.

Orange Scorpion

(750ml bottle) cloudy medium ruby brown, no head. Hot pepper, vinegar, throat closing, gross.

Dark maroon color, zero head or lace. Aroma of spoiled vegetable stew. Rotten peas, spoiled carrots, and wilted chili peppers. Honestly not too hot; putrid is a good word.

This is my favorite review of the Morningwood stout.

...the beer poured a clear reddish chestnut in color, with a small tan head that dissipated fairly quickly leaving some lacing. A beautiful color really, until you double take on the fact that this is a freaking stout. Minus 0.2. The aroma can best be described as weird; kind of an industrial cleaner wood alcohol thing, a bit of armpits, pepperoncini, cardboard, cigarette butts put out in coffee cups. Flavor is light sweet, definite funky bathroomy tartness, light bitterness. Industrial cleaner, airplane glue, cardboard and very very stale, like perhaps mopped off the floor of an all-night diner, coffee. Light body, low carbonation. Not the worst smelling beer ever (fart beer wins that hands down), but it might be the worst tasting.

How is a stale nasty disgusting beer worth something? i will give you 1 penny for that beer..thats high balling dont want to insult you and low ball

It's not just some stale nasty beer. It's probably the most stale, awful, discusting beer to currently exist in a bottle that someone is willing to give up. That's one in millions. Literally.

It's not just some stale nasty beer. It's probably the most stale, awful, discusting beer to currently exist in a bottle that someone is willing to give up. That's one in millions. Literally.

yeah.. he should give this one in a million beer to the toilet bowl

Thank you for pointing that out Breezy.
I did not offer this trade because I really expected to get anything of real monetary value, though there are certainly people out there who would pay money for it. I think eBay has proved you can sell most anything.
I offered it up just because I thought it would be fun and would cause a little stir. I've succeeded on both fronts.

Ruger and I have a nice little trade worked out. The bud is going to a good home, where it will be appreciated for what it is. I've had alot of fun and I think a five page( so far) trade thread for a single bottle of Budweiser shows it does have intrinsic value, if only for the novelty.

So to the haters,... Eat sh*t.

Thank you for pointing that out Breezy.
I did not offer this trade because I really expected to get anything of real monetary value, though there are certainly people out there who would pay money for it. I think eBay has proved you can sell most anything.
I offered it up just because I thought it would be fun and would cause a little stir. I've succeeded on both fronts.

Ruger and I have a nice little trade worked out. The bud is going to a good home, where it will be appreciated for what it is. I've had alot of fun and I think a five page( so far) trade thread for a single bottle of Budweiser shows it does have intrinsic value, if only for the novelty.

So to the haters,... Eat sh*t.

i would rather eat sh$$(straight from the tap) than drink/trade a 30 year old bud..thank you sir..hope you make a killing on that

I hope this is a joke..if somebody takes this you need to get your brain checked..really

How is a stale nasty disgusting beer worth something? i will give you 1 penny for that beer..thats high balling dont want to insult you and low ball

yeah.. he should give this one in a million beer to the toilet bowl

i would rather eat sh$$(straight from the tap) than drink/trade a 30 year old bud..thank you sir..hope you make a killing on that

I hope you're kidding

I drank a Bud Millennial bottle the other day that I found in the garage loft.

If you do decide to drink it, make sure the stuff that is in the bottom stays in the bottom.

I drank a Bud Millennial bottle the other day that I found in the garage loft.

If you do decide to drink it, make sure the stuff that is in the bottom stays in the bottom.

I've a can of that. Born on date : October 5, 1999

20141206_002627-1.jpg

Well i feel nobody needs that 30+ year old bud as much as me so since i put somuch work trolling i think i deserve that novelty...i love you all soory in advance

I would legitimately offer you two 12oz or one 22/750 of beer of your choice that I can grab locally in Central VA (within reason, no crazy $80 bomber, haha.) If you're curious as to why...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f38/iso-god-awful-beer-500758/

If you're interested, I can send you this can of Bud and you can do a side by side, can vs bottle. Best guess is the can is 30 years old. Maybe someone can decipher the code on the bottom, or figure it out from when AB opened the brewery in Colorado, as it is not listed on the can.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418010822.894141.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418010854.471802.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418010894.401088.jpg
I have only been the proud owner for a few months, but @patrickgoss can provide at least a best guess on the time this can came into existence.

I'll trade you 2 days naval lint and 1 months worth of armpit hair along with a complimentary moist towelette. PM me if you're down.

If you're interested, I can send you this can of Bud and you can do a side by side, can vs bottle. Best guess is the can is 30 years old. Maybe someone can decipher the code on the bottom, or figure it out from when AB opened the brewery in Colorado, as it is not listed on the can.
View attachment 240606
View attachment 240607
View attachment 240608
I have only been the proud owner for a few months, but @patrickgoss can provide at least a best guess on the time this can came into existence.
I think this needs to happen. Budweiser is packed and ships tomorrow.

View attachment 240606
View attachment 240607
View attachment 240608

I'm game. 79 on the bottom maybe a year?

I'm game. 79 on the bottom maybe a year?

That was my thought. PM me your address and i can ship it out later this week.

I just googled when the Ft. Collins, CO brewery started producing for AB, and it is 26 years old. Since it is not mentioned on the can, I think its safe to assume the can is at least that old.

I really hope there are pictures of those pours.

Or did you guys go straight up and consume from the vessels they were stored in, as originally intended?

Sorry guys... busy week. Posting from phone now, but will post pictures later. I believe someone got a video of the can being cracked open.

Can was actually good (in a relative sense), probably the best BMC beverage I've ever had and it was completely consumed. Pretty smooth, not a whole lot of flavor, but the Bud funk was gone as well so no complaints.

The bottle on the other hand was horrendous. Had lost all carbonation (could've guessed that since about 1/4 of the beer had evaporated over the years.) Smelled and tasted exactly like paint thinner, No one could get more than a baby sip down and it was mostly drainpour.

Back