FOTHB VI: Fellowship of the Homebrew 6: Let Doug and Mark Get Their Own From Now On

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaBrewZoo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the sixth Fellowship of the Home Brew trade thread!!

Now that the weather is cooling, shipping might be a little safer without fear of exploding bottles in packages, so I think it's time for another homebrew trade.
This thread is all about sharing home brew with one another. I love my brew, but I love yours more. So from your house to mine, and vice versa.

So how does it work?
1. If you're interested in participating, let us know in this thread.
2. Send me descriptions of your Home Brew offerings (see previous FotHB).
3. A few days before the drawing I will post a full list of all the offerings along with posting the randomized pick order in 5min intervals.
4. If you are not going to be around for the pick send me a pick list order so that I can put your pick in for you.
5. On pick day, show up at your time slot to submit your pick. If you sent me a pick list I'll cover you. If you fail to send a list or show up you go to the end of the line.

Rules, there must be rules...
- Continental US residents only
- Must be of legal drinking age (I feel dumb having to actually type that, but prefer not to risk getting thumped by Yooper)
- Participants must have at least 1 iTrader rating, of course 100% positive; otherwise, just PM me your mail trading experience. Newbies are welcomed but vetted by their peers.
- The final rule is the participant must give feedback on itrader of their experience.

Offer Guidelines
- Minimum offerings are 4-12oz bottles of your favorite Home brew; ANY beer style along with ciders, meades, hard lemonades, sours, etc.
- If possible, 4 different styles is preferred, but we understand how difficult that can be so no flogging if it's not possible. :)
- Be willing to share recipe and explain your brewing techniques to those who request.
- Be willing to give constructive and useful feedback on the homebrew you received to aid our fellow brewers if requested.
- Guidelines are just that, guidelines. Final shipments may, and many times do, exceed the offering posted. Extras are not required and should not be expected. You should be okay with receiving the offer as-is.

Current Timeline
09/20/2018 - Start thread
10/19/2018 - Offers due by
10/20/2018 - List of offers and pick order posted
10/21/2018 - pick day starting at 6pm EST
Current timeline is subject to change depending on feedback from participants

Picks will be at approximately 5 min intervals depending on the number of participants. For example, if we exceed a certain number of offers a 5 minute pause to update with current available offers will be inserted as needed.

Past FOTHBs:

FOTHB 1
FOTHB 2
FOTHB 3
FOTHB 4
FOTHB 5

TBC said:
I’m in. Got some things in the pipeline.

Yeah, I just brewed a new Oktoberfest Tuesday, and kegged a Weizenbock today. I know it's kinda late to brew an Oktoberfest, but I've been making a lot of fall beers lately and it got pushed back.

I’m in if you’ll have me. I’ve been wanting to get some unbiased feedback on my brews. I’ve got three beers ready now and may have another ready by pick time.

I’m in if you’ll have me. I’ve been wanting to get some unbiased feedback on my brews. I’ve got three beers ready now and may have another ready by pick time.
By this time one should know if they're brewing good beers. Or just send me some...I'm pretty unbiased! These others guys tho....you don't want to disappoint 'em!

By this time one should know if they're brewing good beers. Or just send me some...I'm pretty unbiased! These others guys tho....you don't want to disappoint 'em!

I just looked over FOTHB V, and now I’m skeptical. My tap list looks pretty vanilla to the brews y’all have been trading. I brew mostly German beers. Right now I’ve got a Kölsch, an Oktoberfest, and a rauchbier made with home smoked malt on tap. I’m thinking about brewing up a sweet stout on Sunday to add to the mix. I’ve got recipes on deck for a pale ale, a Munich dunkel, and a Vienna lager. Not sure which way to go. I sure don’t want to disappoint.

I just looked over FOTHB V, and now I’m skeptical. My tap list looks pretty vanilla to the brews y’all have been trading. I brew mostly German beers. Right now I’ve got a Kölsch, an Oktoberfest, and a rauchbier made with home smoked malt on tap. I’m thinking about brewing up a sweet stout on Sunday to add to the mix. I’ve got recipes on deck for a pale ale, a Munich dunkel, and a Vienna lager. Not sure which way to go. I sure don’t want to disappoint.
Just do it. There's never a big rush on sending neither. Sometimes shipping might take an extra month just to get HB ready. Those all sound fine to me!

Having these dudes HBs has inspired me to expand the horizons. That's what it's all about man..

I would appreciate it if you would join. That is a solid lineup that no one else here is likely to offer, which is a good thing.

I’ve got 2 beers from the last FOTHB, one new ready to bottle, and hopefully 2 more I’ll be brewing. [emoji1305]

1BFAF7FD-8E70-4277-88CA-7272D0A7D27A.jpeg

Bringing the milk stout to a boil. This will give me four offerings. I doubt I’ll have any more than that as I’ll be out of town all next week. Unless I can ship a little later. I hope this one turns out good. It’s a historic milk stout from 1936.

Bringing the milk stout to a boil. This will give me four offerings. I doubt I’ll have any more than that as I’ll be out of town all next week. Unless I can ship a little later. I hope this one turns out good. It’s a historic milk stout from 1936.

Not that I'd advocate following my example, but I still owe @imasickboy beers from last round (sorry @imasickboy - sorry about that!). FotHB tends to be a bit more relaxed on shipping timelines (given that we're all waiting on yeast to do their thing!)

A take on a 10.5gal batch I dropped almost a year ago inspiration cream of three.

Briess 2-row 76.1%
Flaked Maize 11.1%
Flaked Rice 11.1%
Briess C60 1.7%

1.054OG projected ≈ 5.5%
10IBU

Hope it's tasty! No frills besides the hops

Not too much corn? I found all mine to be a smidge on the to corny side.

Not too much corn? I found all mine to be a smidge on the to corny side.
The wort didn't taste too corny was actually quite pleasent, I'll see what happens when it ferments out I have a suspicion you're right on with that, was looking into the style and if it is ill sub out for 5% flaked wheat next.

If too corny I'll also just add fruit flavoring :)

The wort didn't taste too corny was actually quite pleasent, I'll see what happens when it ferments out I have a suspicion you're right on with that, was looking into the style and if it is ill sub out for 5% flaked wheat next.

If too corny I'll also just add fruit flavoring :)

If too corny, just add some dad jokes to the label.

I’m destined to get into one of these. Hopefully I’ll have the brewery back up in no time. Haven’t brewed in a year. New utility tub came in this week and ordered a new chiller tonight.

IMG_1648.JPG

Back