Force Carb at 70F Room temperature.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatfloyd

Reaction score
I have a corny keg and all required adapters for force carbing a keg. I also have a 20 pound CO2 tank. What I still dont have is a fridge/kegerator to carb at lower temperatures. The lowest room temperature I can get is 70F. I dont even know where to start or what to do. I plan on buying a fridge in one month, but I already want to try my new kegging setup and have an IPA ready to carb. I know this has probably been answered TONS of times, but there is so much info out there, and I am just very confused on what to do. Thank you!!!!!

You'll have a bit of a tough time getting room temperature beer to carb up. If you're dying to get it going right now I suppose you could put the keg in an ice chest or bucket filled with ice. But you have to make sure to keep it cold for the duration.

I force carb all my kegged beers at basement temp (varies between 58-66F). I printed out this handy chart and use it with great results.

chart.jpg

Back