Food grade tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayvie

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if the tube grade tubing is essential to bring my water to my filter and from my filter to my mash tun. I was thinking about taking so classic vinyl tubing and washing it with PWB.

Thanks!

I've wasted a lot of money buying vinyl tubing over the span of my homebrewing experiences. Not a big fan of the stuff. I don't recommend that people use it for homebrewing, but to each their own.

You're going from a water spigot to a water filter, and then from the filter to the mash tun?

If it were my rig, I'd do one of the two:

1) Figure out a way to screw the water filter right into the end of the spigot, and then run a drinking water grade water hose from the filter to the mash tun
2) Go from the water spigot to the filter using a drinking water grade hose, and then another drinking water grade hose from the filter to the mash tun

If you do go the vinyl tubing route, you should get some braided tubing for the area between the spigot and the filter, due to the pressures experienced between the spigot and filter. If you add an on/off valve to the end of your hose, then you should have braided tubing on both sections.

Back