Fix hop isomerizatuon issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eldridgejs

Reaction score
I brewed 6G of ABA with about 30 IBUs last night and about 30 mins into my 60 min boil, my propane tank started to run out. I continued on with the little flame I had knowing I was not going to have the bitterness I was hoping for. When I tasted the wort post boil it was as I had expected. I plan on dry hopping with 1/3 oz cascade and 1/3 oz williamette for 7 days once primary is finished. I think the answer is no, but can I just increase the dry hopping amount to add some more bitterness?

The other option I was considering was making a hop "tea" and then adding that post fermentation, but I have no idea how to formulate that.

Has anyone else ran into this issue before? Any advice on how to fix it?

Thanks!

I think making the hop tea as soon as possible and adding it might be a good idea. Dry hopping won't add to the bitterness really, just aroma. I've ran out of propane a few times, it sucks! Luckily for me, I have a few places I can swap within a couple blocks. I'd probably just let it be what it is, but I can understand why you want to try and hit you original mark.

Got to get that extra tank to have on hand. I always have an extra just in case.
You can usually score empty ones on CL for super cheap.

Back