First time using EZ-Cap bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhart94949

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well seems to be another successful bottling day. Made up a case and a half of 22's and a case of EZ-cap 500ml bottles. Hoping they carb up, not sure why I decided to try something different but I was at the LHBS and saw a case sitting there and thought, "eff-it" had my son grab a case, Star San'd everything up and they seems to be locked in place. Guess we will see in three weeks.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1498102934.140669.jpg

I bought a couple of 1L flip-top bottles 20-something years ago from the LHBS because they looked cool, but never got around to using them. Finally tried them a couple of months ago and loved 'em. I looked online for more but couldn't find any that match. These are about the same shape as a longneck or bomber, but larger. I went back to the same LHBS (at a different location now) and he still had a few matching bottles. I bought all of them.

I also use those 750ml sparkling lemonade bottles for wine and cider, and I just bottled some cream ale in them. Gotta keep those out of the light so the beer doesn't get skunked.

Fliptops were the very first type of bottles I ever bought. I just went off the reviews on Amazon which were pretty good. Then after I actually got them I got on the forums and started reading the horror stories about how they leak. I've done 3 or 4 batches with purely them and haven't had a flat beer from them yet, though now I mostly keg. I think its all about the technique in how you seal the tops and keeping up on the seals which are super cheap.

Back