Firearms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I "inherited" my wife's Taurus .38 special that her dad gave her when she moved out on her own. Thats it for firearms here. She hates that we have it (she didn't even want her dad to give it to her) , I love it and want more but figure if I at least get to keep one gun in the house that thats all we need.
It stays next to me at night in the sock drawer.

Here's my "collection". I've also got my Pennsylvania License to Carry, although I don't carry. Got it mostly as a failsafe if I'm ever pulled over on my way to or from the range.

Henry Golden Boy .22
Walther PPK/S 380 ACP
Walther PPK 380 ACP
1916 DWM (Army Issue) Luger 9MM

M16A2, one of the last new ones out of the plastic for the Army. Everyone else around here has an M-4 and I have a musket. Go Team.

950 bucks!

You can buy a really nice AR15 or AK47 for that type of money.

Or a semi-custom 1911.

Yeah but you can't shoot those in the backyard, or essentially for free. Besides, everyone has a an AR, a SKS or a AK these days. I'll take something wildly unique over an also-ran.

My father in law, an assistant Chief of Police, carries one of these:
LWS32Keys.jpg

He says it hurts his hand like hell to fire but its really small and the trigger pull is so hard that he could pull it off his belt by the trigger with out discharging it.
I've been begging for him to let me take it to the range but last time we went he didn't bring it. I think if i were going to get a concealed carry permit I would like having a gun this size.
Oh, and these are no .22's they come in either .32 or even .380! big bang for a little thing like that.

My daily carry is a Ruger LCP, it's not too bad on the hands to shoot, but definitely not a range gun. I've got M4gery's for that that I built up, along with deer rifles, 22's and a few shotguns. I also have a S&W Sigma in .40, but the trigger is horrible on it.

I've got a nice little collection going, but nothing like most of the other rednecks in Texas!

Since we're on the small gun kick, I'll chime in that my daily (pocket) carry is a kel-tec P3AT (.380). Even with shorts, you'll never know I have it. I call it the "hand breaker" :)

If I have to go in to a sketchy part of the city, I'll pull out something larger and wear a paddle holster for easier access.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been a collecting for a few years. Here's some of them.

418640710_uNBj7-M.jpg

My latest build.
945214899_9yeih-M.jpg

Picked this up about two years ago during the ammo shortage. It keep me shooting affordably when combat ammo was scarce and expensive.
500541516_YArQy-M.jpg

Great! A thread where the power hungry anti-freedom nuts can go and find a list of every gun that every member of this site owns.. NICE!

Those are the only 'zombies' I'm worried about.....
:D

I don't know what gun you're talking about. I sold it, cash sale, to a guy who told me he wasn't a felon. I love Texas.

I have a GP100 just like that.. Amazing how accurate that thing is...

And as far as hand breakers go, I have a S&W air weight J frame .38 special (aluminum and titanium alloy) super light.. I bought it for backpacking... If you fire a +P round out of it though, you'll be rubbing your hand for a while... Can't hit the broad side of a barn with the thing though.. So it's definitely for close range...

I don't know what gun you're talking about. I sold it, cash sale, to a guy who told me he wasn't a felon. I love Texas.

I would too...

IF...

If only it had better climate.....
and some mountains worth mentioning....
and less rattlesnakes.......

Half my relatives live in Tejas.. (Beaumont/Port Arthur area... sp?)

Cali is too beautiful.. Why couldn't the people who run texas run Cali, and the people who run Cali, run texas.... Then it would be a no brainer.. But I guess that would be too easy...

I have a GP100 just like that.. Amazing how accurate that thing is...

And as far as hand breakers go, I have a S&W air weight J frame .38 special (aluminum and titanium alloy) super light.. I bought it for backpacking... If you fire a +P round out of it though, you'll be rubbing your hand for a while... Can't hit the broad side of a barn with the thing though.. So it's definitely for close range...

That one in the photo is a Taurus 85 CIA model (hammerless). It's reasonably accurate for its size. But yes, +P ammo is brutal. I much prefer my Glock 26 (not photoed) for daily carry.

That one in the photo is a Taurus 85 CIA model (hammerless). It's reasonably accurate for its size. But yes, +P ammo is brutal. I much prefer my Glock 26 (not photoed) for daily carry.

I was talking about the one that is two revolvers above the taurus.. The one with the 6" barrel.. It looks just like my Ruger GP100....

Here's the GP100 and the S&W
revolvers_01.jpg

Last time my FIL were at the range we fired lots of rounds from his S&W air weight .38 special and I can totally attest to the hand breaking, its only the 3rd time I've used a handgun and it felt brutal on my hands. I much preferred the weight of my Taurus .38 Special (the small one). The easiest gun to fire that day though for sure was his glock, I could pump rounds through that all day, one handed, left handed, anything, just pull pull pull pull, its a great gun but out of my price range for now.
Its kind of funny with the glock because its been his service gun for years and years so if you slap the clip in hard and just the right way it will close the slid automatically. It looks cool.

Last time my FIL were at the range we fired lots of rounds from his S&W air weight .38 special and I can totally attest to the hand breaking, its only the 3rd time I've used a handgun and it felt brutal on my hands. I much preferred the weight of my Taurus .38 Special (the small one). The easiest gun to fire that day though for sure was his glock, I could pump rounds through that all day, one handed, left handed, anything, just pull pull pull pull, its a great gun but out of my price range for now.
Its kind of funny with the glock because its been his service gun for years and years so if you slap the clip in hard and just the right way it will close the slid automatically. It looks cool.

If you join the GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation) you are allowed to buy one glock a year at LEO pricing (usually $75-$100 cheaper than civi pricing).
The membership is only $35/year iirc.

The Glock recoil reduction system is simply the best in the business.

My pride and joy would be my Winchester 1894 chambered for .44-40
I like the “cowboy guns”, I also have
Marlin 1895CB .45-70
Marlin 336C .30-30
Marlin 1894C .357 Magnum
Ruger Blackhawk Single Six .357 Magnum
My carry guns include
FN Five-seveN
Ruger SP101 .357 Magnum
Ruger P95 9mm
Ruger LCP .380
Other guns are
Smith & Wesson Model 1500 .270
Remington Model 700 SPS .223
Ruger Mini-14 .223
Ruger 10-22
Shotguns include
Remington 870 Express Super Magnum 12 gauge
Sears Ted Williams 20 gauge that I got when I was ten years old.
One of my other hobbies is reloading and I reload all my calibers except 5.7 and the shotguns……….and the .22 of course:D

semi collector and avid shooter,
I have a winchester 1894 lever action 30-30
sig sauer p 238 liberty
and a savage stevens gold wing

I hope that "LAW ABIDING AMERICANS" buy more guns.. 'lots' more guns.... lots and lots more guns...

It keeps criminals and the govt (between which the lines are becoming more an more blurred) 'nervous'... and that's a good thing.. a very good thing...

I imagine it makes our enemies (another term that's becoming blurry) a bit nervous too (talking about the ones that aren't part of the govt or the criminal sector)...

Might as well talk about this now while it's still legal ('semi'-safe) to plant the seeds of truth into the minds of our fellow countrymen...
:rockin:

Great! A thread where the power hungry anti-freedom nuts can go and find a list of every gun that every member of this site owns.. NICE!

Those are the only 'zombies' I'm worried about.....
:D

You guys here to pick up the guns? Funny thing I was robbed thirty minutes ago, got em all.....if you head for the freeway you might catch em.:ban:

While I understand the humor and sentiment of that, truth is, when the new nazis are in your living room with their gas masks and night vision donned, your utilities shut off, all your finances and communication devices electronically neutered, their fully automatic weapons shouldered and pointed at you and your family as they isolate all for interrogation, your door kicked in, and the tear gas is clearing... and they show you pictures of satellite surveillance, digital recordings of phone, in person, and internet conversations and statements... and of course a list of guns they 'know' you own and 'demand' that you turn over....

I 'doubt' they will buy that argument...

So we need to 'peaceably' remove them all from power 'now' by constitutional process... while a little bit of our authority as 'the people' still remains....

:mug:

Are you sure you're in CA, r8rphan? ;) :D

HaHa.. California ceased to exist a long time ago..

I live in Commiefornia!

I can't tie my freakin tennis shoes without a permit, a license, a sworn affidavit that I have read and understand the regulations, and an admittance that I owe and agree not to contest the tax!

shoes are known to cause cancer in the state of Kalifornia.

Only the ones that actually are of any actual quality/value, are non-union made, produced a profit for the private sector small business, contain trans-fats, or are sold at Wal Mart.......

OTOH, if they are made from 'hemp' or the hides of republicans, or have a European sounding brand name,... they are subsidized with tax payer funded grants and given tax credits... That's only fair, right?....

While I understand the humor and sentiment of that, truth is, when the new nazis are in your living room with their gas masks and night vision donned, your utilities shut off, all your finances and communication devices electronically neutered, their fully automatic weapons shouldered and pointed at you and your family as they isolate all for interrogation, your door kicked in, and the tear gas is clearing... and they show you pictures of satellite surveillance, digital recordings of phone, in person, and internet conversations and statements... and of course a list of guns they 'know' you own and 'demand' that you turn over....

I 'doubt' they will buy that argument...

So we need to 'peaceably' remove them all from power 'now' by constitutional process... while a little bit of our authority as 'the people' still remains....

You are right, Australia was given a choice. At least at first to turn them in, we won't get that lucky. This is where the American public needs to be, already posted here. If you don't listen to the whole speech, listen to final statement in her speech.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all new guy
I love the outdoors I hunt fish and target shoot

NEF pardner 12g
cva inline front stuff
turk 8mm mauser

no more handguns, cant wait to get back to work. Wanting a 226 or BHP
and a new SAIGA 7.62x39 [cali guys this is a true russain made ak and you can buy it]

Over the years I have collected enough firearms and ammunition to equip all members of my family for both hunting and for personal protection against all possible threats (read into that what you want), to include AR-15's, and either 9mm's or 45's for all. Taught everyone how to use them, and they use them well.

My only missing gun is a .22 - I have a 10/22 and a revolver, but I am missing some form of .22 that I have not quite yet figured out.

I'm a proud firearm owner, and have been for years. I grew up around firearms.

I don't have a lot of firearms, but here is what I currently own.

Rifles
Marlin 60 22.
Remington 700 270.

Shotguns
Mossberg 500 12 gauge.

Pistols
Beretta 92fs 9mm. (American made)
Glock 27. 40.

I just picked up the Beretta 92fs, ended up buying it for $380. It was listed as used, but was an unissued police trade in that looked darn near flawless.

1.jpg

14.jpg

8.jpg

I have more than you have fingers and toes.I participate in ipsc,high power,and 3 gun.
needless to say,yes,I reload also.
I recently won a m1a at our local friends of the NRA banquet.

Latest posts

Back