Fieldwork Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double release in the Taproom today! Salted Cucumber Farmhouse Ale & Salted Coconut Oatmeal Stout. These are really fun beers to compare and contrast. Also, we are receiving some new stainless today: two 100 bbl fermenters, one 100 bbl brite tank and a 25 bbl fermenter for small batch specialty beers. We expect to be tipping the tanks up late this afternoon and into the evening, so come by the Taproom and watch it happen if you are interested.

Not going to make it today I don't think, but will be enjoying that Salted Cucumber Saison tomorrow for certain.

anyone planning on heading over Sunday? I'll be in Berkeley for a friend's housewarming party, may as well swing by

Double release in the Taproom today! Salted Cucumber Farmhouse Ale & Salted Coconut Oatmeal Stout. These are really fun beers to compare and contrast. Also, we are receiving some new stainless today: two 100 bbl fermenters, one 100 bbl brite tank and a 25 bbl fermenter for small batch specialty beers. We expect to be tipping the tanks up late this afternoon and into the evening, so come by the Taproom and watch it happen if you are interested.

oddapter

Not going to make it today I don't think, but will be enjoying that Salted Cucumber Saison tomorrow for certain.

Related, but maybe not, Emerald Vision at Rare Barrel is a nice golden sour aged with cucumbers. Cucumber is the new apricot??

1336364503hmmm-gif.gif

I feel like these weird beers are some of the best ones that Fieldwork has been doing, and a lot of their IPAs have just been tasting like weed and onions...or are just buttery. I still go and try just about everything they put out because I'm a *******, but feel like it's playing the lottery lately.

I feel like these weird beers are some of the best ones that Fieldwork has been doing, and a lot of their IPAs have just been tasting like weed and onions...or are just buttery. I still go and try just about everything they put out because I'm a *******, but feel like it's playing the lottery lately.
Weird, I was just there and loved everything. Then again I'm super "meh" on on Cellarmaker's hoppy ***** so maybe it's just different strokes.

*BA Vastness is incredible, however. I hope they bottled some.

There are certainly trips where I go to Fieldwork and dig all the beers I try. But after trying 40 different hoppy beers from them (or whatever it is at this point), I feel like they're generally very similar. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but their style is not always what I'm looking for.

I also could do without the number of children and dogs that seem to be there all the time.

My sister-in-law is driving down to visit us from Novato, and my wife asked if I could think of anything I wanted her to get on the way. I jokingly said "Fieldwork crowlers" and my wife said that might be doable. So:

1) What's fieldwork like at ~5-6PM? If it's a total ******** I won't have her bother.
2) Anyone know what's available for crowerlin'?

My sister-in-law is driving down to visit us from Novato, and my wife asked if I could think of anything I wanted her to get on the way. I jokingly said "Fieldwork crowlers" and my wife said that might be doable. So:

1) What's fieldwork like at ~5-6PM? If it's a total ******** I won't have her bother.
2) Anyone know what's available for crowerlin'?

Your taplist for 5/4:
Arable, Brett Belgian Pale (in house only)
Tart Cherry, Gose (in house only)
Sour Diesel, Tart Hoppy Saison (in house only)
Salted Cucumber, Farmhouse Ale
Ascender, IPA
Saint Thomas, Mosaic IPA
Swash, IPA
Sea Farmer, Sea Salt & Grapefruit IPA
Torrential, Double IPA
Hot Chocolate, Nitro Mexican Export Stout (in house only)
Salted Coconut, Nitro Oatmeal Stout (in house only)
Minoterie, Brett Belgian Stout (in house only)

Your taplist for 5/4:
Arable, Brett Belgian Pale (in house only)
Tart Cherry, Gose (in house only)
Sour Diesel, Tart Hoppy Saison (in house only)
Salted Cucumber, Farmhouse Ale
Ascender, IPA
Saint Thomas, Mosaic IPA
Swash, IPA
Sea Farmer, Sea Salt & Grapefruit IPA
Torrential, Double IPA
Hot Chocolate, Nitro Mexican Export Stout (in house only)
Salted Coconut, Nitro Oatmeal Stout (in house only)
Minoterie, Brett Belgian Stout (in house only)
So the 5 IPAs and Salted Cucumber are the growlers? Where was this posted? I checked their website and it just showed the taplist, nothing about growlers.

So the 5 IPAs and Salted Cucumber are the growlers? Where was this posted? I checked their website and it just showed the taplist, nothing about growlers.

As someone who hates fb, I am almost ashamed to say that I took that straight from fb.

I was there early yesterday afternoon and they were also filling Arable, Tart Cherry and Sour Diesel. I also believe Minoterie was listed on the to go board?

Do not get a fill of Salted Cucumber, unless you like pickle juice.

As someone who hates fb, I am almost ashamed to say that I took that straight from fb.

I was there early yesterday afternoon and they were also filling Arable, Tart Cherry and Sour Diesel. I also believe Minoterie was listed on the to go board?

Do not get a fill of Salted Cucumber, unless you like pickle juice.
I thought you loved that beer, is this just one of those "HURR HURR DON'T BUY TILQUIN IT SUCKS HURR HURR" things?

I thought you loved that beer, is this just one of those "HURR HURR DON'T BUY TILQUIN IT SUCKS HURR HURR" things?
I enjoyed it, but even I can recognize when a beer might not be for everyone. It was certainly not Emerald Vision like, or the Athena variation I had, it is a very different beer than either of those.

I sent a couple of Crowlers out to people, will see what they think.

I'm gonna be in Sacramento in late June anyone know if the new Fieldwork taproom will be open by then? And if so the address of it.

I loved that Sour Diesel Saison. First time at the brewery the other day, been thinking about going back ever since. The relative straight line to Rare Barrel is nice too.

Latest posts

Back