Fieldwork Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
****. Is it going to be crowded? I was thinking of heading up today.
I was expecting it too have been crowded yesterday when they had Growlers of Eliza for sale, but it was no busier than normal. I think they close early for a ticketed event tonight.

Edit: they still have Growlers of Eliza left apparently.

I was expecting it too have been crowded yesterday when they had Growlers of Eliza for sale, but it was no busier than normal. I think they close early for a ticketed event tonight.

Edit: they still have Growlers of Eliza left apparently.

Ah, I went to Berkeley Bowl West but opted to skip FW, assuming it would be crowded. Oh well.

Super bummed I missed it. How is the Eliza? Missed the bottle release at SFBW. I love their hops, jury still out on the darker stuff but really wanted a growler of Eliza.

Which is the likely source of the infection issues some have noted... Wine barrels aren't safe for clean beers, folks!

Whoa didn't know these were infected....Guess I will be popping mine in the fridge and drinking soon.

Yeah, I really wish they would have saved some bourbon barrel Eliza to serve separately. That sounds much more appealing.
Wouldn't be shocking if it turned sour. They make clean and not-clean beers in the same place, that's a recipe for disaster. Sante has basically given up barrel-aging beers that weren't intended to be sour because nothing can hit wood there and stay clean. Wouldn't be surprised if the same were true of Fieldwork's brewhouse.

Wouldn't be shocking if it turned sour. They make clean and not-clean beers in the same place, that's a recipe for disaster. Sante has basically given up barrel-aging beers that weren't intended to be sour because nothing can hit wood there and stay clean. Wouldn't be surprised if the same were true of Fieldwork's brewhouse.
Wild speculation(with no basis), but is that why they are doing the Sacramento stuff?

But Vikings lament came out phenomenal!!

Wild speculation(with no basis), but is that why they are doing the Sacramento stuff?
Knowing a couple of the owners and how they think but not having asked about this directly, my guess would be that in the long-long term they’ve calculated it’s a better deal to open satellite tasting rooms rather than distribute. Distribution can be such a serious drain on profits.

Knowing a couple of the owners and how they think but not having asked about this directly, my guess would be that in the long-long term they’ve calculated it’s a better deal to open satellite tasting rooms rather than distribute. Distribution can be such a serious drain on profits.

Tasting room only is what I heard from a friend close to the situation too.

The space in Sac is not really big enough for anything but a tasting room. Maybe a bit of barrel storage, but I doubt they will be brewing there.

I'm just glad Fieldwork is branching out, I think they make some great beers. And now when I visit Sacramento I have a go to spot for some quality beer!

They will still be distributing. The picked Sac because it's one of the hottest craft beer markets in the country right now. I think #5 in craft beer sales per capita. Also, it's an area that will suit them well. Close to home base and they will be one of two (though not for long) breweries to have a taproom downtown. Just like Altamont, they are filling the gap between the large local quality breweries and the quality small breweries that have trouble supplying. Yes there are plenty of less than stellar breweries here too, which also helps their cause!

6 IPAs on tap today!? Good God man. Just brew Relative Hoppiness, Super Cell, Convergence, and Nug year round and be done with it!

j/k I love all their hoppy brews. Keep it up Fieldwork!
9fi2k.jpg

Do they crowler all of their beer, or just selected ones?
Most but not all. They have two boards up on the wall, one lists everything on tap, the other lists beers available for fills. Usually it is just the Nitro stuff and if they have pulled any old kegs out of the cellar that are not available to fill.

Most but not all. They have two boards up on the wall, one lists everything on tap, the other lists beers available for fills. Usually it is just the Nitro stuff and if they have pulled any old kegs out of the cellar that are not available to fill.
also their barrel aged beers do not get on the fill list.

Double release in the Taproom today! Salted Cucumber Farmhouse Ale & Salted Coconut Oatmeal Stout. These are really fun beers to compare and contrast. Also, we are receiving some new stainless today: two 100 bbl fermenters, one 100 bbl brite tank and a 25 bbl fermenter for small batch specialty beers. We expect to be tipping the tanks up late this afternoon and into the evening, so come by the Taproom and watch it happen if you are interested.

Back