Fermenting music

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simpleton

Reaction score
Everyone has heard about playing music for plants and flowers somehow helping them grow. Has anyone ever heard of anyone trying this with beer?

I have a laptop in my fridge as part of my temp control system. Why not have it play music while its doing this? Now, what is the appropriate music to play for a german hefe I got from AHBS?

Yes. The fridge sits on my back porch and this past winter I was having trouble maintaining tempratures. I needed to add a heat source. It works quite well. When things got real cold (down into the 50's) I would run a program to fully load the CPU and generate extra heat.

The laptop does not seem to mind. Now that I think about it, I don't think I have rebooted it in a couple months......
you have a laptop IN your fridge?

I'm sure the temp isn't a problem, but I'm surprised that condensation and moisture aren't an issue

I'd be afraid of putting anything on "repeat." You don't want to drive your yeast to insanity, do you???

My beer often happily bubbles away to the music of Tom Waits. Seems to do no harm.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdQN_eCP-3k&feature=related]YouTube - Tom waits - Kommienezuspadt[/ame]

KMFDM for a high gravity dunkelweizen. :drunk:

I think that's a winner in my book, llama. I can just image metal spewing from my garage.

Neighbor: "Hey what's going on in there?"
Me: "Oh, that's just the beer fermenting"

On the same note, play some Rammstein for an Imperial Stout

Back