Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krissy31

Reaction score
I have brewing for awhile now... And on my 3 batch of a pilsner. I have followed all procedures to a "T" like normal. This time I used rice syrup solids and a refrigerated yeast pack instead of the powder type yeast.

Ok so after putting the airlock on the Carboy, it began to bubble about 3 hours later. Today when I woke up and checked on it. So after 1day of fermentation, I noticed a high pitch soft whistle coming from the airlock. The water inside where the bubbles are produced is a bit cloudier than water. There is also a tiny bit of condensation on the top plastic lid to the airlock.. I am guessing that there is a crack in the airlock somewhere. I know to keep it sealed but I don't know whether to risk removing the airlock and checking for a crack or to just leave it. The noise is not constant very sporadic. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Just spray the carboy with starsan and do it quickly and you will be fine

Back