Fermentation Time vs. Keg Time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlaglerBC

Reaction score
So I posted earlier about making a few beers for a charity. I ended up using two 5 gallon batches that I had already kegged, and then brewing up 15 gallons of American Wheat with Kolsch yeast.

It was brewed last sunday, and final gravity came out a little higher then I wanted, at 1.057. I took a gravity reading today (one week fermenting) and its 1.018.

Basically I need this to be cold, carbed and in the glass next sunday, how long should I wait before kegging. I have never done the 30 psi shake method but that sounds like it is going to be a must.

Thanks,
FB

General public wont know that its under carbed, fg of 1017 and young.

If it taste just fine keg it tomorrow and chill it push or 30 psi at the same time. On serving Day I would push out the CO2 or not but drop it to about 8 psi or 10 to serve. If it has too much head reduce the psi continue to serve.

After your event push however amount of psi and drink. Ive served just kegged beer before and usually general public cant tell. Unfortunately if you had 2 to 3 more extra days, I would bump up the temp to 68-72 for a day let it finish up chill it and drink.

General public wont know that its under carbed, fg of 1017 and young.

If it taste just fine keg it tomorrow and chill it push or 30 psi at the same time. On serving Day I would push out the CO2 or not but drop it to about 8 psi or 10 to serve. If it has too much head reduce the psi continue to serve.

After your event push however amount of psi and drink. Ive served just kegged beer before and usually general public cant tell. Unfortunately if you had 2 to 3 more extra days, I would bump up the temp to 68-72 for a day let it finish up chill it and drink.

Yea I was just unsure if the longer time in the keg would help it condition a little better for a few extra days at 35ish or if that time is better spent allowing the yeast the extra time to clean up and just keg it and shake it the night before the event.

Wheat beers are better off drank young. You should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back