Fellowship of the Homebrew VIII: I Drink and I know Things

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stouts/Imperial stouts with variants, Multiple sours, Saisons, various IPAs...maybe some new meads in the works. Oh and maybe a Feistbeir.....can't wait to see the offerings!

Stouts/Imperial stouts with variants, Multiple sours, Saisons, various IPAs...maybe some new meads in the works. Oh and maybe a Feistbeir.....can't wait to see the offerings!

I’m actually pretty excited to share the maibock that’ll be ready to go for this one. It smells amazing, and the samples have been promising. AND it’s maibock season!

Updated list:

Pianoman
TBC
TwistedGray
passedpawn
fourfarthing
JCasey1992
Dgallo
GaBrewZoo
Beerwildered
aharri1
Thorrak

11? What's the record?

Going to put my list in early. Only 3 different offerings

-Milkshake style sour with lactose, vanilla bean, and orange zest. Fermented on raspberries and dryhopped with mosaic and mandarina

-NEIPA featuring citra and Mosiac (possibly Nelson as well if it’s available, brewing it closer to trade time)

-Imperial stout fermented on cocoa nibs
Those sound delicious.

I’m still deciding on what to brew. Whoever selects me may have a wait on receiving the beer, unfortunately!

Updated list:

Pianoman
TBC
TwistedGray
passedpawn
fourfarthing
JCasey1992
Dgallo
GaBrewZoo
Beerwildered
aharri1
Thorrak
jaymosbeershack

@camonick you sure are posting a lot of HB in the What Are You Drinking Now thread. This thread can use a good guy from Nebraska!! No @PianoMan you don’t count your in Tejas now.
I might be interested... I’m technically from Colorado but close enough to Nebraska to throw rocks. I don’t have a trade rating but did send some personalized bottle caps to another member a while back. I’d have to look up his user name if anyone needed a reference.
What are the procedures for packaging and shipping and estimated cost to ship UPS? If my Pilsner that I just transferred to secondary to cold crash today is ready by the end of May, I’ll just make the limit for 4 different brews.
Sláinte

I might be interested... I’m technically from Colorado but close enough to Nebraska to throw rocks. I don’t have a trade rating but did send some personalized bottle caps to another member a while back. I’d have to look up his user name if anyone needed a reference.
What are the procedures for packaging and shipping and estimated cost to ship UPS? If my Pilsner that I just transferred to secondary to cold crash today is ready by the end of May, I’ll just make the limit for 4 different brews.
Sláinte

Honestly, I'd say we should relax the "4 different brews" requirement. I'll be lucky to have 2 beers ready to go by the end of May, though I'm fortunate as I'm able to supplement with fermented non-beer deliciousness.

Just an update on my status for this round. I will let you guys know if anything changes but it's looking like I'm going to have to sit this one out.

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I'm still brewing for the previous round and I'd like to live up to my commitments before I put anything else on my plate. I don't really want to keep anybody waiting more than I have to. I feel bad enough about last round as it is.

You can definitely count me in for next round though!

Just an update on my status for this round. I will let you guys know if anything changes but it's looking like I'm going to have to sit this one out.

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I'm still brewing for the previous round and I'd like to live up to my commitments before I put anything else on my plate. I don't really want to keep anybody waiting more than I have to. I feel bad enough about last round as it is.

You can definitely count me in for next round though!

But what I just picked you again in this round, bwahahahahaha.

But what I just picked you again in this round, bwahahahahaha.
Lol we'll see how things go. I am going to try and get your final beers brewed this weekend. If I can get that done in a timely manner, I may be able to get some brews ready in time. Like I said in my previous post, I just don't want to keep people waiting too much.

Honestly, I'd say we should relax the "4 different brews" requirement. I'll be lucky to have 2 beers ready to go by the end of May, though I'm fortunate as I'm able to supplement with fermented non-beer deliciousness.
It's actually not a requirement. Just a minimum of 4-12oz as the offer.
-------------------

Offer Guidelines
- Minimum offerings are 4-12oz bottles of your favorite Home brew; ANY beer style along with ciders, meades, hard lemonades, sours, etc.
- If possible, 4 different styles is preferred, but we understand how difficult that can be so no flogging if it's not possible. [emoji4]
-------

Updated list:

Pianoman
TBC
TwistedGray
passedpawn
fourfarthing
Dgallo
GaBrewZoo
Beerwildered
aharri1
Thorrak
jaymosbeershack

Sláinte
Here is a pretty good video on packing/shipping. Don't label anything on the box. My guy never asks...of course he knows its beer. Some say Yeast Samples, some say water samples....others might have ideas.
I vacuum pack mine and recommend a garbage bag around the whole thing. Home Depot sells all the material/boxes. In the summer plan on sending an ice pack. Most of our breakage issues seems to come in the summer. Hope to have you!

https://homebrewacademy.com/how-to-ship-beer/

Here is a pretty good video on packing/shipping. Don't label anything on the box. My guy never asks...of course he knows its beer. Some say Yeast Samples, some say water samples....others might have ideas.
I vacuum pack mine and recommend a garbage bag around the whole thing. Home Depot sells all the material/boxes. In the summer plan on sending an ice pack. Most of our breakage issues seems to come in the summer. Hope to have you!

I’ll give it a try. It will be good to hear feedback on my beer (good or bad) from a stranger instead of my family and coworkers being polite and telling me it’s good... just a little nervous at the same time. If something changes, I’ll be sure to notify as soon as possible.

I’ll give it a try. It will be good to hear feedback on my beer (good or bad) from a stranger instead of my family and coworkers being polite and telling me it’s good... just a little nervous at the same time. If something changes, I’ll be sure to notify as soon as possible.
Just do it brother!!!! Nothing is going to be a better critique than from someone else who has the same hobby as you. They will give you true criticism how to better your beers because they do the same thing as you. Tiger woods doesn’t get golfing advice from his father in law does he? No, he hits up Mickelson lol

If there's something a little off, hopefully someone can help move you in a positive direction. Usually we'll know ourselves if something is off...even if it's more subconscious.

If there's something a little off, hopefully someone can help move you in a positive direction. Usually we'll know ourselves if something is off...even if it's more subconscious.
Sounds good. A fair warning about my palette and beer knowledge... I’m just a dude who likes to drink beer and I don’t know much about the flavor profile of too many styles so my response may not be too sophisticated if someone wants a very specific critique. I mostly brew what I like to drink and don’t stray too far from my comfort zone very often but I am willing to try something different.

Sounds good. A fair warning about my palette and beer knowledge... I’m just a dude who likes to drink beer and I don’t know much about the flavor profile of too many styles so my response may not be too sophisticated if someone wants a very specific critique. I mostly brew what I like to drink and don’t stray too far from my comfort zone very often but I am willing to try something different.
I started with ipas/stouts..my comfort zone. The 1st 'odd' beer was a Roddenbock. Now I've done 50 different styles, including styles I didn't like..aka Gose (which was awesome BTW). I always recommend 3 big gulps. 1st is a natural response like good/bad. 2nd is more about front end aroma/flavor and 3rd is backend. Maybe something will spark your interest. Never know!

I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to drop out this round. We put the house on the market today, I'm in the middle of a 20 day work stretch, and pick day we'll be at a Seattle Mariners ball game on our way to an Alaska cruise. Not to mention most of my kegs with beer in them are sitting in the garage, and I gave my last co2 bottle and regulator to my son so he could get his kegerator working.

Yall have fun and I'll get back in, hopefully, in a few months.

And thanks again @PianoMan for running this round for me. I'll be sending you a small thank you package shortly, when I can find the time.
:mug:

I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to drop out this round. We put the house on the market today, I'm in the middle of a 20 day work stretch, and pick day we'll be at a Seattle Mariners ball game on our way to an Alaska cruise. Not to mention most of my kegs with beer in them are sitting in the garage, and I gave my last co2 bottle and regulator to my son so he could get his kegerator working.

Yall have fun and I'll get back in, hopefully, in a few months.

And thanks again @PianoMan for running this round for me. I'll be sending you a small thank you package shortly, when I can find the time.
:mug:
Best wishes on the home!
We'll see you on the flip side..

Updated list:

Pianoman
TBC
TwistedGray
passedpawn
fourfarthing
Dgallo
Beerwildered
aharri1
Thorrak
jaymosbeershack

IMG_0598.JPG

Just a preview of one of my offerings: this is a maibock that I’ve just tapped. It needs a few more weeks of lagering for clarity, but damn it’s good!!

Back