Fellowship of The Homebrew VII: Kegs of Fury

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol If I end up doing it, I was going to do a little digging into the what are you drinking now thread. That way I can gauge preferences. I guess we'll see.

For what it's worth, I don't like bitter (by way of hops) beers (ie: IPAs, some PAs, ...?). They wreck my stomach, so I stick to everything else (sours, stouts, malt forward, ...).

Lol Weldwerks has been putting out some AWESOME IPAs. Not sure if you're a part of it but I may be a new entrant in the FOTD thread and will likely be including some of their IPAs.

I’ve heard of FotD. [emoji6][emoji6]
I’ll keep you in mind for a potential side trade knowing this intell.

I know the feeling. We are not moving but I haven’t brewed since December and probably won’t be able to brew until May at the earliest.
Good luck with selling and moving!

Thanks. When you've been in a house for 20 years with three kids and a wife who won't let anyone throw anything away, you accumulate a lot more cr@p than you realize. And now we have to go through it all, and do all the little repairs and touchups that I've put off for years. AND working 20 days every three weeks. Busy busy busy.

Someone else can run it if you like...

If someone really wants to, I'll let them do it, since I just ran the one before this one. But I can do all the organizing and posting at night while I'm at work. The only thing I can't do at work is pick day. Unless..... How does a 4am pick round sound? :D

@TwistedGray.

I had the apricot clouds beer last night. It was good and I enjoyed it. Went down real easy after work. Had a nice apricot smell but (this is my fault you gave me warning) the flavor of apricot was not as strong I guess as it could have been cause I waited so long to drink it.

I also had your black berry cider mix. I really enjoyed that. Very differnt. I dont have a picture unfortunately my daughter was face timing while I was drinking it and well... I didnt feel like waiting and not drinking. I plan to try possibly your cider stout mix tonight.

Thanks for the beers!

View attachment 621257

@TwistedGray.

I had the apricot clouds beer last night. It was good and I enjoyed it. Went down real easy after work. Had a nice apricot smell but (this is my fault you gave me warning) the flavor of apricot was not as strong I guess as it could have been cause I waited so long to drink it.

I also had your black berry cider mix. I really enjoyed that. Very differnt. I dont have a picture unfortunately my daughter was face timing while I was drinking it and well... I didnt feel like waiting and not drinking. I plan to try possibly your cider stout mix tonight.

Thanks for the beers!

View attachment 621257

My pleasure ... Yah should've had it fresh ;)
(I have one left, I think)

@TwistedGray This stout cider mix is pretty unique. Thanks to another good brew. What flavors were you shooting for?
20190410_192025.jpeg

@TwistedGray This stout cider mix is pretty unique. Thanks to another good brew. What flavors were you shooting for?View attachment 621417

The goal was to blend stout and cider flavors like a black velvet / snakebite, and this is the outcome (third attempt). They've all been of similar style "funky apple" which isn't what I want, BUT it's quite unique so I keep trying.

@TwistedGray

Christmas cider. It's pretty good. What spices and stuff did you use?View attachment 621906

It's primarily Trader Joe's Winter/Seasonal Cider with Safcider yeast. I think I went 2:1 with TJ cider and standard, not spiced cider to bring down the spice character. It still retained a fair bit though.

Ahem. Actually tiny pieces of red wine barrels:D

Also, the bottles w/o labels are the DIPA that I was waiting on to finish. Citra and Chinook, 9% abv.

Damn autocorrect ahem! Thanks for the heads up on the unlabeled bottles. I love DIPAs!

Damn autocorrect ahem! Thanks for the heads up on the unlabeled bottles. I love DIPAs!

Ah, I understand. No harm, no foul. I entered that beer (saison) in a competition and they dinged it for being more like a dubbel than a saison. Hope you enjoy everything. Let me know what you think about them.

I havent heard from him in over a month...last PM said package was going out in a few days. Also, I am not trying to bash him, especially if health or welfare has been compromised.

If I am not mistaken @Homergah just moved and/or is in the process of moving. It's okay, I have not got mine yet either, but I am pretty sure it'll find its way to my doorstep at some point. I'm not stressing either :)

I havent heard from him in over a month...last PM said package was going out in a few days. Also, I am not trying to bash him, especially if health or welfare has been compromised.

Same here, last I heard @Homergah was moving for work or something. Don’t hesitate to PM him for an update. Hopefully all is well.

I still have not gotten my pick's shipment...
Yeah, I'm an ahole. Health was poopy then had to get to Portland quick. My homebrew was awful anyway. I think a valve is the culprit. Probably got some nasties living in it. Anyway, I carried my non-hombrew offering to Portland with me. I'm trying to pick up a particular whale to send along. The stuff I already have for shipment is fairly rare, and really good, but I really want to try to make up for dragging my feet so much.

Back