Fellowship of the Homebrew II: May the Malt be With You

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh, well you gotta freeze it first and then drain it in a glass and enjoy. I was going to do it for you but I got lazy.

p= yep
BOMM= Brays one month mead
fc= fruitcake cider
cb= currant berry cider
Sycr= yep

The ESBs are my Red Hook ESB clone, a 10 gallon batch split. Half was fermented with 1098 the other half was fermented with S-05. Let me know what you think.

Yeah Scturo's kid made the label for me. I love it!

IMG_3364.jpg

Already in the cellar ready for some tasty explorations.

Tried the 1098, and it was good. The only issue I have is that it lacked carbonation...very little.

Yeah sorry about that, I bottled them with a bottling wand off the keg. I was lazy and did not get my counter pressure filler out. Hopefully the other one will be a little better.

Interestingly I have several HBs going. I'm changing to a PM style for the most part so still working things out. I'm in on this one!

Interestingly I have several HBs going. I'm changing to a PM style for the most part so still working things out. I'm in on this one!

Yeah buddy! I am having a hernia surgery next Friday, give me a little recovery time and I will get this party started.

How'd your surgery turn out? I couldn't do anything for 6 weeks or so.

They put it off till last Tuesday so it has only been a few days, still pretty sore but I think I am going to live. Funny though, the workers comp people called yesterday and asked if I was ready to go back to light duty! Ha, whatever, I am a carpenter, not much light duty there. Doctors office called after that and set a tentative date for 8 weeks out. I will probably go back sooner, gotta talk to my boss and see when he is going to have some (light duty) finish work ready.

On another note, I will be getting the ball rolling on the FotHB shortly here. Looking for a good turnout so spread the word.:tank::tank::tank::tank:

how did all the other trades come out ... do tell people ... do tell

Yes do tell. While my package from @TBC did arrive in perfect condition, I have only tried the blackberry wheat so far. I remember it being tart and good but I waited too long to review it and dont remember anything else. I am going to try the NEIPA in a little while, I will report back.

p= yep
BOMM= Brays one month mead
fc= fruitcake cider
cb= currant berry cider
Sycr= yep

The ESBs are my Red Hook ESB clone, a 10 gallon batch split. Half was fermented with 1098 the other half was fermented with S-05. Let me know what you think.

Yeah Scturo's kid made the label for me. I love it!

Had the FC last night and have the Porter in the fridge now.

Do tell what you think, be brutal.

Brutal doesn't help, constructive does.

Neither ESB we're carbonated which was sad, but flavor wise they were both tasty.

I wasn't a big fan of the cider, but I haven't looked my own either so there's that. I also like a bubbly, carbonated cider...no carb.

Now onto the porter, and it is super! Very light carb, but it works well here.

Brutal doesn't help, constructive does.

Aww

"Neither ESB we're carbonated which was sad, but flavor wise they were both tasty."

My bad really, I did some reading on carbing to style and lowered the pressure on the ESB then bottled with a wand off the keg and lost what little carb was left. My wife, who I make this for, did not like it with the lower carb so I since cranked it up and she happily drank it all. I owe you on this one.

"I wasn't a big fan of the cider, but I haven't looked my own either so there's that. I also like a bubbly, carbonated cider...no carb."

Which cider did you try? I think all of them were still though, sorry about that, we probably wont bottle still any more we all like it bubbly better too.

"Now onto the porter, and it is super! Very light carb, but it works well here.
"

Thank you very much, I am very proud of that porter. Which one did you try?

Also What did you think of the Fruitcake Old Ale? I am doing it again this year and may or may not make changes to it.

Also What did you think of the Fruitcake Old Ale? I am doing it again this year and may or may not make changes to it.

Had it for lunch, and it reminded me of a dark German Ale I had whilst in Germany. Wasn't what I had expected when I started pouring it out, good. Could perhaps use more of a barley note, imo.

CB better than the FC :)
No as dry, a lil sweeter, I like sweet cider

Yeah we were pretty happy with how the currant berry cider came out. My wife has already designated this years crop to more cider. All ciders will be carbonated from here on out too.

@TBC , I still have most of your stuff, I did have your neipa the other day, I thought it was pretty good, I forget but did you mention mosaic hops in this one? I don't like IPA but some of these NEIPA's are pretty good, that said I probably am not a very good judge of said brew, still a little bitter for me but I liked it.

@TBC , I still have most of your stuff, I did have your neipa the other day, I thought it was pretty good, I forget but did you mention mosaic hops in this one? I don't like IPA but some of these NEIPA's are pretty good, that said I probably am not a very good judge of said brew, still a little bitter for me but I liked it.

Sorry for late response, been under the weather. Glad you enjoyed it. I used cascade, Citra, and Mosaic.

Back