Fellowship of the Homebrew II: May the Malt be With You

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20171127_123703.jpg IMG_20171127_152407.jpg

Two of my offerings for this round :)

Alright boys, I’ll get in this if you’ll have me. Just finished my 12 beers of Xmas commitment and am ready to participate again. Let me know. I can send
in my offer anytime.

Alright boys, I’ll get in this if you’ll have me. Just finished my 12 beers of Xmas commitment and am ready to participate again. Let me know. I can send
in my offer anytime.
Can you have it in tomorrow?

Fellowship of the Drink - FotH II: May the Malt be With You

-------------------------------------------------------------------
All Offers This Round:

Active Participants with Offers:

imasickboy

imasickboy's offer:
-English Brown Ale 3.7% - One of my favorites to have on hand. I brew this 6+ times a year.
-Foreign Extra Stout 6.5% - Scaled down version of the one from Brewing Classic Styles. First time using Nottingham in my 10+ years of brewing. Caught of guard by its' voracious appetite. A bit more alcohol presence than desired, as a result. Still good, though.
-Fantasy Draft 2017 5% Homebrew club does a thing where you have to draft ingredients, and make a beer from them. I was sick on draft night and missed it, so I picked up the best remaining ingredients the next day. 6 row, caravienne, sorachi ace, cluster, S04, blueberries, maple syrup, bananas, and chocolate bars. This beer is not at all as terrible as it sounds.
-Homemade Sauerkraut - Cabbage, salt, caraway seed. Save the juice for your own sauerkraut starter, or use it in a beer.

fourfarthing

fourfarthing's offer:
Nelson APA
Winter (an Old Ale, prior version took 2nd in a local comp strong ales)
Golden Perch Saison (took second in same comp wheat beer group)
Oatmeal Stout

Maybe Harry, my Porter. I have a 750 of last years and it is in tap for next weekend's brew.

TwistedGray

TwistedGray's offer:
1 Strawberry Banana Wheat
1 Mint Berry Wheat
2 Hibiscus Session Beer
1 <insert choice> Pale Ale Session
1 <insert choice> Pale Ale Session

Pale Ale options: blueberry, raspberry, black tea, and rooibos.

JDXX1971

JDXX1971's offer:
Power pack porter, I brewed this in may and this is the last one.

Currant berry cider. This was made with Martinellis Apple Juice and Our home grown currants. Fermented with Nottingham. 11%ish

Straight Martinelli's Apple juice fermented with WLP775. This was bottled straight out of the fermenter so not cabonated. We have some in the keg (almost gone) all carbbed up I was going to bottle a few so you may get both. 7.5%ish

Fruitcake Old Ale 9+% & Fruitcake Cider I cant find my notes on this one.

Cyser, this was an experiment kinda gone wrong, it actually woks out pretty well in the end.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=591599

TBC

TBC's offer:
NEIPA. Version 2 bittered with Cascade and dry hopped with Citra and Mosaic 6%

RIS 10%

Gingerbread Brown Ale 10%

Blackberry Wheat. House wheat beer racked on 6lb of
Blackberries from my garden. ABV was 6% before racking on blackberries. Now I have no idea. Bottling 11/29.

Funky Cider femented with white labs vault release WLP616. 7%.

Dry Hopped Funky Cider same Cider as above dry hopped with Mosaic. This is experimental and I haven't tried it yet.

Only five people in this, start say 8PM EST tomorrow?

Draw order:
  1. JDXX1971
  2. fourfarthing
  3. TBC
  4. TwistedGray
  5. imasickboy

changing my offer a bit.

power pack porter is going to be my latest version, Power to the Chocolate Porter
I will also include two bottles of our Red Hook ESB clone, one fermented with 1098 per the original and one fermented with S-05 experimental.

Totally brain farted on this...what happened, lol? My phone always updates me as soon as messages are added to followed threads; however, I must have missed this notification. Doh!

Selection Status

Who You Selected:
imasickboy selected TwistedGray
fourfarthing selected imasickboy
TwistedGray selected JDXX1971
JDXX1971 selected TBC
TBC selected fourfarthing

Who Selected You:
TwistedGray was selected by imasickboy
imasickboy was selected by fourfarthing
JDXX1971 was selected by TwistedGray
TBC was selected by JDXX1971
fourfarthing was selected by TBC

MMM, hot sauce!! I have three gallons or so of different peppers fermenting right now. Hot sauce will be ready in the spring! We should start a hot sauce trade!:rock:

So I guess I am supposed to run the next trade huh? I am thinking after the first of the year unless someone else wants to do it in the meantime. As for notification, dont worry I will make plenty of noise!!:D

Wow!!! Them look HOT!!
Mmhmm. But they're not. Well, the peach ones are habs, and they are hot, obviously, but the others are not. They taste like habs, with that same fruity thing going on, but without the heat. I've been searching for a while for something like that, and found them last year. I grew one plant last year, and two this year. They produce like crazy, and I freaking love them. They're perfect for blending with hotter ones to find that perfect amount of heat, but still get the crazy amount of flavor.

Oh hell yes please.

Did you like the FOTD box I sent you? BC if you didn't like it, I am afraid of the hot sauce I would get.
The FotD box is completely intact. They're all in the fridge for a bottle share we have going on tomorrow. When I post pics of the results, I'll tag you on the post so you can see the damage.

Back