Fellowship of the Drink XIV: Shipping with the Enemy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had a few people PM me and ask about the shipment status, here has been my response

I have not received anything nor have I even heard from him. I had someone else ask the same thing and I will tell you what I told them...I very much appreciate the offer and I honestly don't need or expect anyone to fill in for the bad trade, I figured I would chalk it up to a loss and move on to FotD XV. If you want to send something I certainly won't reject it, but by no means should anyone feel obligated.

I think this is the best contingency. No one person should be left beerless. If a bunch of people send even just one beer, it’s not much burden and you don’t get the shaft.

Preface: I’m too lazy to read back and I’m unsure who was supposed to send jschm beer

Do we know if “shafter” was sent beer?

Let’s all leave them negative feedback to ensure they cannot trade again

Preface: I’m too lazy to read back and I’m unsure who was supposed to send jschm beer

Should there be a grace period in case of family emergencies or other situations? I feel like it’s been long enough, but curious what the rule of thumb is for how long is too long..

IMG_3139.JPG

Just helping out.

Looks like @jekeane participated in a previous round without any issues from quickly looking via the mobile app. It does make me wonder if something came up or happened? But I also see he was online on Sunday too. Not sure what’s going on, I would hate to jump the gun but it does seem a little strange.

Looks like @jekeane participated in a previous round without any issues from quickly looking via the mobile app. It does make me wonder if something came up or happened? But I also see he was online on Sunday too. Not sure what’s going on, I would hate to jump the gun but it does seem a little strange.
Was thinking the same thing but he's not responding to PMs nor making any effort to communicate. Apparently he's still alive if ppl are noticing him. At the very least negative feedback is in order. 1st time I'm aware of with the FotDs.

Was thinking the same thing but he's not responding to PMs nor making any effort to communicate. Apparently he's still alive if ppl are noticing him. At the very least negative feedback is in order. 1st time I'm aware of with the FotDs.

Agree. If he’s using the forum but cant make a quick 2 second reply to an email than it looks like avoidance to me.....

[soapbox]
Guys, I'm not sure of the forum rules on this sort of thing, but we should probably avoid public discussion of the potentially offending member. I'm not volunteering my inbox for such discussion, however. ;)

Trader feedback should be left by the "stiffee" for others to be aware of in the future. And we should all move on.
[/soapbox]

[soapbox]
Guys, I'm not sure of the forum rules on this sort of thing, but we should probably avoid public discussion of the potentially offending member. I'm not volunteering my inbox for such discussion, however. ;)

Trader feedback should be left by the "stiffee" for others to be aware of in the future. And we should all move on.
[/soapbox]
[emoji106]

Ultimately up to the "stiffy".

2nd time actually, but I didn't leave any negative feedback because the other party seems to have dissappeared from HBT. He was a long time member with numerous trades, so I'm sure he had his reasons.
Curious on who it was....and send me your addy so I have it on record. I have around 30 trade addys now. It's kinda like Pokemon card thing. Got to collect them all!

I have had a few people PM me and ask about the shipment status, here has been my response

I have not received anything nor have I even heard from him. I had someone else ask the same thing and I will tell you what I told them...I very much appreciate the offer and I honestly don't need or expect anyone to fill in for the bad trade, I figured I would chalk it up to a loss and move on to FotD XV. If you want to send something I certainly won't reject it, but by no means should anyone feel obligated.

Wednesday......

@wstbrewing is the worst. I wouldn't pick him if we were the last two in the list. I mean who ships two IDENTICAL beers anyways? Like seriously. What if I like one? You mean I can have a second, get out of here with that b.s. I wouldn't recommend his offer ... Unless it's IPA and DIPA, then maybe he's worth dealing with; otherwise, don't bother.

Mmmmmmm, open fermentation
IMG_20181120_171517.jpg

@wstbrewing is the worst. I wouldn't pick him if we were the last two in the list. I mean who ships two IDENTICAL beers anyways? Like seriously. What if I like one? You mean I can have a second, get out of here with that b.s. I wouldn't recommend his offer ... Unless it's IPA and DIPA, then maybe he's worth dealing with; otherwise, don't bother.

Mmmmmmm, open fermentation
View attachment 598726

What did you think of their beers? I’m not a big sour fan, but those who like the style seem to enjoy them around here...

View attachment 598950 I know we've got some stout lovers here. I'm open for side trades. My local bottle shop has new goose island. Also, for those that were interested in pliney, they just got stuck of that too! PM meView attachment 598949
Well hell. I used seekabrew and now know that goose island distributes basically everywhere. Still have access to pliney :)
3og0IMJcSI8p6hYQXS.gif

Back