Fellowship of the Drink XIV: Shipping with the Enemy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So we have a bunch of new interest this round. 4 people so far.

@MC82
@dpinette2
@jason613
@HopsNTails

By the rules, you need to be have been a member for 6 months and have 2 positive iTrader reviews or been here for 6 months (this time requirement can slide with a vouch) and have a FotD member vouch for you if you have no trader feedback.

I've seen a vouch for @MC82.

I'm looking for a vouch for the others?

@dpinette2 has 0 feedback and has been a member for less than 6 months.
@jason613 has 0 feedback and has been a member for 7 years.
@HopsNTails has 0 feedback and has been a member for less than 6 months.

Even if we cannot get a vouch, I would expect that the rules could potentially be adjusted if the 3 members listed above send their offer first and it is received prior to an offer being sent to them. There is a complication if one gets the other though. I would need agreement from the other FotD participants for this.

I'm just trying to make sure that nobody gets shafted here. We all know it happens from time to time. At the same time, it's good to see new activity.

Thoughts? Feel free to PM me with thoughts as well.

Seems like you guys are in. Welcome to FotD.

Please remember to not tell anyone what your offer is, stick to the limit for the offer (extras are a surprise when shipping), remember a non-beer brewery item, and have fun. This is a great group of people to trade with. Everyone wins here.

Last edited:
Testing my animated gif with the new app. Hopefully this update solves the worlds problems.

giphy.gif

Heading to Mexico this weekend. My offer is going to get interesting. Looks like they have a decent craft beer scene.
o6xoGwmBIb32M.gif

Great news! Happy and excited to partake!

I know i’m going to get made fun of, but.....What is the best method for shipping?

I know i’m going to get made fun of, but.....What is the best method for shipping?

Usually packed in the inside of fish.

Bwahahahahahaha

Fedex or UPS are the go-to shipping methods, and to a lesser extent USPS. Federal crime to ship alcohol which makes USPS scarier; however, I've been busted and received a handwritten note that they destroyed a beer box. When I got caught by Fedex they flagged my account, or at least I think they did. Anyways, one of those three is typical :)

wrap in bubble wrap?

Cans usually end up in a ziploc bag but first wrapped in bubble wrap.
Bottle typically get a band of tape around the cap but otherwise treated the same as cans.

Some people add pennies and other stuff to the package in order to mask the sound of liquid sloshing around.

How often does Doug come away with these shipments? Should I hedge my bet and ship two smaller boxes rather than one larger box?

Back