Fellowship of the Drink XIII: Nightmare on Doug Street

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my package from @afro_lou today. It arrived in perfect condition. I can’t wait to try these beers.
IMG_1470.JPG

After Mark (USPSs Doug) got my first box for TwistedGray, I finally got another package ready and shipped today. Went brown this time, and remembered to put the glass in it. Added a few more extras because of the long delay. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

After Mark (USPSs Doug) got my first box for TwistedGray, I finally got another package ready and shipped today. Went brown this time, and remembered to put the glass in it. Added a few more extras because of the long delay. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Mark is a dick; okay, he is actually a nice guy...well relatively so I guess. He said and I quote, "You can probably ship beer through Fedex or UPS." We had a nice chat on the phone, and I passed Doug's contact information to Mark and vice versa. They're both really swell folks.

Sooo 3 boxes left to be delivered?
Gabrewzoo's 2nd attempt after getting douged to twistedgray
Me from santo
And jekeane from jerbrew.

Are we missing anyone else?

I'm hoping the lack of an update is due to the weather across the country over the past few days. The package is supposed to be delivered to @wstbrewing today. I don't want to be another statistic. I haven't heard anything yet, and I feel like I would have if something was wrong.

View attachment 587620

Yikes. I’ll let you know if it shows up here.

If you hear something, let me know.

WST

Sooo 3 boxes left to be delivered?
Gabrewzoo's 2nd attempt after getting douged to twistedgray
Me from santo
And jekeane from jerbrew.

Are we missing anyone else?

I mailed a package via Brown to @wstbrewing last week and it was supposed to be delivered on Monday. It's Wednesday and it says it is still sitting at the Hartford, CT distribution center. Is it possible that it just got lost in the shuffle? Do I wait it out to see if it ends up going in the next few days? Or do I file a claim? I wouldn't imagine Hartford, CT is too busy to deliver a package in early September.

I'd wait. It may end up at whatever the sender address is; UPS Center or your home. It takes 4-5 days for the return trip in my experience. But no nasty phone calls nor letter is a plus!

Last edited:
I'd wait. It may end up at whatever the sender address is; UPS Center or your home. It takes a 4-5 days for the return trip in my experience. But no nasty phone calls nor letter is a plus!

Brown has never let me down before, and I didn't do anything differently. I hope you're right. OK, I'll wait it out for a few days. Hopefully they're just backed up.

OK, I think I need to make a claim. It's been one week since there has been an update and I'm a little pissed off about it. If they lost it, that's one thing, but if they've confiscated it and didn't call me or send me a letter, then what the hell is the problem?

Unless you guys say that making a claim is basically giving them a reason to locate the package and open it to find the delicious treasure, then I'll just hang loose. Otherwise, I just want them to deliver the package.

OK, I think I need to make a claim. It's been one week since there has been an update and I'm a little pissed off about it. If they lost it, that's one thing, but if they've confiscated it and didn't call me or send me a letter, then what the hell is the problem?

Unless you guys say that making a claim is basically giving them a reason to locate the package and open it to find the delicious treasure, then I'll just hang loose. Otherwise, I just want them to deliver the package.

Worst case, you'll get the money back and they'll find the beer and depending on their attitude your account may get pre-flagged for beer. Thus, slightly risky

Seeing that BF 2016 makes me want to ask if anyone has BF 2013 they want to trade for? I have 2012 - to preset, but missing 2013 (long story...went to a beer fest weekend brought a bunch of good stuff ....got wasted...passed out.....found beers crushed without me.....BF 2013 was one of them)

Do you even know how to get to a place in Massachusetts with a population !?!? Oh wait this isn’t Cape’s thread.....sorry for the sh*t talk......yes come on over and crush beers!!!

Back