Fellowship of the Drink V: The Fellowship Drinks Bock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to be a pain in the di## butt any chance if pulling numbers Thursday? Headed to vegas at 5pm PST then as not sure how slober I'll be Friday to send message by drawing time.

If not, then I'll just gamble that I'll find the time... no harm in asking :)

Hey, thanks @Relampago! What batch do you have? I've got a mostly complete vert back to late 2013, I believe (I'd have to dig into the cellar to check...).

I was wrong I must have drank my consecration I still have my supplication it was bottled 011615. We hit RR on the way to Sanoma a couple years back. We also hit lagunitas, Petaluma hills and 101 north.

Was a great day

Holy crap, think you're correct. Ab is the 11th right? Not a jazz guy, you?

Correct! I can't call myself a jazz guy much anymore, but I did study (and play) it in college.

Hey, thanks @Relampago! What batch do you have? I've got a mostly complete vert back to late 2013, I believe (I'd have to dig into the cellar to check...).

I was wrong I must have drank my consecration I still have my supplication it was bottled 011615. We hit RR on the way to Sanoma a couple years back. We also hit lagunitas, Petaluma hills and 101 north.

Was a great day

Great day for sure! We're lucky to have so many great breweries around here.

Your right! I'd be like already had that let me try something new or can we head to Modern Times already.

Agreed but you might wanna get drunk at Russian River first before that 12 hour car ride to Modern Times. I think Blind Pig is better anyways. Just thought the ****** bag in that picture was funny.

I can pull the draw order tonight if no one objects. There's really no reason to wait, is there?

$600 later and your still hungry.....been there, done that!!

I think the most we've spent on a meal was actually in New Orleans (somewhere around $700 for the two of us...just plain stupid).

We usually get out of Vegas for not too much more than we spend around here (Monterey/Carmel, California).

Pick order:

froggyfrog
PaulR
tlucarelli
UglySister
Thorrak
PianoMan
mattv21
orionol73
imasickboy
cegan09
TBC
SandstoneCityBrew
Relampago
PatrickGoss
jerbrew
RevKev
badgerfan79
jimyson
Scturo
Redtab78
afro_lou
Brizzo
k1ngl1ves
TwistedGray
coyote68

And the evidence:

Screenshot from 2017-04-12 17:12:28.png

FotD III, I think it was, I picked second from the bottom, and still got one of my top picks. It's surprising how this works out sometimes.

If it's any consolation, my top couple are probably not on the top of anyone else's list. ;)

FotD III, I think it was, I picked second from the bottom, and still got one of my top picks. It's surprising how this works out sometimes.

If it's any consolation, my top couple are probably not on the top of anyone else's list. ;)

Yeah, Its pretty cool when you run the raffle, You get to see that a lot of people end up with their first choice. And most with a top third choice. :mug:

I'm not second again!? What the hell!? I have expectations!
Joking of course. This will be a lot of fun I'll have to do more serious thinking about my pick order now.

I group my picks. I'll have a few that I definitely want, tier 1, but any of the few would equally be fine. Then I'll have tier 2, which is a bunch that I'd be happy with, but just didn't reach out and grab me. Tier 3 is a bunch that might have one beer I probably won't drink, (usually a sour). And tier 4 is the ones I really don't want, (local to me or mostly sours).

In the previous four FotD's I've picked something from tier 1 every time.

Back