Fellowship of the Drink V: The Fellowship Drinks Bock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imasickboy

Drinkasaurus extraordinarius
Reaction score
FotD V offers: here

Fellowship of the Drink V: The Fellowship Drinks Bock

Welcome to Round V of the Fellowship of the Drink beer/glassware swap!

This is a beer swap for members of the continental US to allow you to try some beers from outside your region. Every participant picks a few beers as their offer and then we devise a draw order and go down the list until everyone has picked an offer to receive. If you want to take a look at how the previous four operated, the links are here:

Fellowship of the Drink Trading Thread
Fellowship of the Drink II: The Two (beer) Towers
Fellowship of the Drink III: The Return of the (beer) kings
Fellowship of the Drink IV: I'm out of Lord of the Rings Puns

So how does it work?
If you're interested in participating, let us know in this thread. Once you're confirmed as a participant, PM me a photo of your offering along with a link to it's page on something like beer advocate/ratebeer/untappd. A few days before the drawing I will post a full list of all the offerings and photos. On the drawing day I'll use a randomizer, (I swear that's a word, even though my browser's spellcheck says otherwise), to create a random drawing order. Everyone will get a short period of time to then claim their desired offering in the order created. If you will not be around for the drawing, please send me your selection list and you will receive the highest pick left on your list when your turn comes up.

Rules
  • Continental US residents only
  • Must be of legal drinking age (I feel dumb having to actually type that, but prefer not to risk getting thumped by @Yooper )
  • Maximum of 25 participants
  • Participants must also meet one of the following three requirements:
    • Must be an active forum member over the prior calendar year, with a respectable number of posts, (as determined by FotD alumni)
    • A member of at least two years, and vouched for by a participant of a previous FotD
    • A member of at least one year, with a 100% positive itrader rating, (minimum 2, older than 30 days)
Offer Guidelines
  • Each offering should be at least 2-4 cans or bottles of commercial beer, preferably local to the sender.
  • Each offering must also contain at least 1 piece of glassware.
  • You additionally may also offer some homemade beverages with the commercial offerings.
  • Guidelines are just that, guidelines. Some offers or final shipments may exceed the minimum. You are only obligated to fulfill the minimum listed above. "Extras" are not required.
Offers from the first four rounds:
Round I
Round II
Round III
Round IV

Current Timeline:
Please note that the timeline differs a bit from previous FotD trades, because Easter falls on what would be the typical pick day. If anyone wants to extend this round an additional week to bypass Easter weekend altogether, I'll be happy to change the timeline.
Sunday, March 26th - Create thread for Round V
Sunday, April 9th - All photos & final submissions due
Monday, April 10th - List of offers posted
Friday, April 15th - Drawing occurs, order of picks revealed.
Saturday, April 15th - Picking commences, noon.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Gonna sit another one out due to that thing that the Dark Lord does to my budget every year. Posting just because I will be watching all the fun!

25% filled in the first 90 minutes. Massive, the lure of beer is. Yeesssssss.

1. imasickboy
  2. cegan09
  3. jimyson
  4. Scturo
  5. k1ngl1ves

Gonna sit another one out due to that thing that the Dark Lord does to my budget every year. Posting just because I will be watching all the fun!

It's unnecessary to go to DLD anymore. It is now sold at every local grocery store. Still comes in a bomber!

Just saved you $200 and and a wet, cold day. You're welcome. :ban:

DEXATI20170326194730.jpg

To seven revkev brings the total, thus far. Herh herh herh.

1. imasickboy
  2. cegan09
  3. jimyson
  4. Scturo
  5. k1ngl1ves
  6. Thorrak
  7. RevKev

See you there. I will be the drunk one.

I actually forgot about DLD this year and missed tickets. Second year in a row I won't be going. Last year, I messed up and dropped myself out of the website somehow. This year, I plumb forgot. :(

I may still fill my backpack up with libations and search for some good trades in the parking area. :mug:

Ohhhh, I so wanna play.:( I have been spending too much money on my brew rig and my boss is switching our pay to every two weeks in April. Just cant do it.:mad: Have fun everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm wondering if I'm going to have to ship my beer to @imasickboy again. Not that it matters. A loving home is key.

I'll do everything I can to pick someone else this time. ;)

1. imasickboy
  2. cegan09
  3. jimyson
  4. Scturo
  5. k1ngl1ves
  6. Thorrak
  7. RevKev
  8. afro_lou
  9. Redtab78
  10. SandstoneCityBrew

Love the name btw.
To Thorrak and k1ngl1ves credit for that goes. Hmmmmmm. Me down this path they steered. Yeesssssss.

1. imasickboy
  2. cegan09
  3. jimyson
  4. Scturo
  5. k1ngl1ves
  6. Thorrak
  7. RevKev
  8. afro_lou
  9. Redtab78
  10. SandstoneCityBrew
  11. mattv21
  12. jerbrew
  13. coyote68

If any of you paid close attention to the rules in the first post, you might have noticed I made a couple changes this round involving who is eligible.

This one was for purely selfish reasons:

• A member of at least two years, and vouched for by a participant of a previous FotD
A friend of mine might want to do this, but rarely posts here. He's done more trades than I ever have, but they've all been over at BA. I'm vouching for him if he decides to join, and if something unfortunate were to occur, I'll just go over and raid his beer fridge and ship it myself. ;)

I have a bunch already for this round. Mix of super local and more well known. I'm going to be in Stowe VT on the 8th, so I guess I should grab some more VT stuff while i'm there.

1. imasickboy
  2. cegan09
  3. jimyson
  4. Scturo
  5. k1ngl1ves
  6. Thorrak
  7. RevKev
  8. afro_lou
  9. Redtab78
  10. SandstoneCityBrew
  11. mattv21
  12. jerbrew
  13. coyote68
  14. orionol73

Yes, yes and yes. I just got my paycheck from teaching and well. You know teaching is a stressful job and all of it went to beer today lol

I found a few beers I was shocked to see after I went to FedEx.. wish I could've included them in said shipment but it'll be in for this round.

Just sent in my picture and found a beer that would've been perfect with the theme of the offer but I already took my picture. Extra it shall be.

Back