Fellowship of the Drink V: The Fellowship Drinks Bock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so much for 2-4 beers.....guess I'll have to up mine contribution by a few!!

I only put 4 beers in the picture because I thought it was like rule. Lol. I wish I would have taken a picture with all the beers. Maybe I should post one now huh.

I'm not worried about the lottery. I'd be happy with any of them. If I got the last pick, at least it would be easier. (not that I want that, but you know)

Afrolou's pic deserves a to be a post card. Makes me want to bust out my consecration that I've been saving.

The first two consecrations I got were trade extra's and I had not gotten into sours yet so I tossed them in to others as trade extra's. I hate myself every time I think about it.

Hey, thanks @Relampago! What batch do you have? I've got a mostly complete vert back to late 2013, I believe (I'd have to dig into the cellar to check...). It's nice to be so close to the source!!!

And yeah, @PatrickGoss, consecration is still one of the best sours I've ever had. It's kind of the high water mark, really. Luckily, their batch consistency is incredible, so any of the newer ones are just as good as the older stuff. They do age very nicely, but they're still exceptional fresh. Let me know what you're looking for.

Also, @PianoMan, I agree! Definitely a lesser known (and lesser available) offering from RR, but really great!

I think the 2-4 can/bottle should be a max on offers. The disparity is getting pretty large. I suppose some of us ship a "little" bit more than that, but I wonder if people are not getting caught up on volume.

Agreed...what you ship, you ship. What you offer should be more even

If you guys don't like the volume in offerings either change the rules or don't pick that offering. It's simple.

Should I take my resubmit out now? How about the cold brewed coffee and stickers in my original submission? I guess those don't comply with the general sentiment of this round, do they?

I need a damn vacation. I deal with too much other crap to see people complain about such simple things.

I can understand why some people would want to limit initial offers. Hopefully, no one feels pressure to up their offer. People in this thread are just generous, it's the way it's gone. So far. Whoever runs the next round can change the rules if they think it is necessary. I don't see a problem with more beers being added. :mug:

Agreed. The 2-4 is a good baseline, and I have no issues with people sticking to that. If others want to throw some extras in knowing they might not get the same in return, what's the harm?

If you're a sour fan the coolship in mine should get a look. I have not had a bad coolship from allagash, and I usually hoard them. They're all brewery only releases.

I don't think this is something to get upset about. If people want to offer more beer, let them. If some people want to offer 2-4, then they can just come out ahead by taking one of the offers with more beer in it. WIN! Nobody is saying that anybody has to offer more than what the guidelines say, but by my count 15 of the offers that were submitted had more than 4 beers in them. More beer just equals more fun in my opinion. And like Imasickboy said, they are just guidelines.

I have to say that I think this gets tougher every round. There are some seriously awesome beers in these offers... Its no wonder people feel like they need to up their game every round. I just hope you guys like my beer as much as my picture, lol. I really don't know how to begin to rank these offers, with the exception of afro_lous, of course, lol.

I can understand why some people would want to limit initial offers. Hopefully, no one feels pressure to up their offer. People in this thread are just generous, it's the way it's gone. So far. Whoever runs the next round can change the rules if they think it is necessary. I don't see a problem with more beers being added. :mug:

Yeah, I honestly went back and forth. Typically, I like to wait to see who picks it and find out what some preferences of theirs are so I can cater to that. I decided last minute to just grab a beer while I was out and just up it to the typical 7-8 beers that I like to send people in a lot of my trades just so they can try different things. Ask some of the folks in this thread and the local only thread. In this case, I just wanted to pack it up in advance and Bodhi is a fantastic beer that is now so available locally as fresh as it ever was consistently that I felt compelled after I submitted.

Seeing so many fantastic beers out there As well, I just did it. What's the big deal? I don't understand I guess other than maybe the confusion a resubmit offer makes, which I clearly didn't fully think through to make everyone happy. I saw resubmits in some of the earlier Friendship threads and decided to just do it.

Ah well, can't win em all on the internet.

If you're a sour fan the coolship in mine should get a look. I have not had a bad coolship from allagash, and I usually hoard them. They're all brewery only releases.

We just went to Allagash yesterday. Probably one of the BEST brewery tours we have been on. My daughter bought that same bottle you are offering. They also had a peach sour in the taproom that was fantastic. Loved everything they had. Thanks for the recommendation. Going to Alchemist and Hill Farmstead today.

Yeah, I honestly went back and forth. Typically, I like to wait to see who picks it and find out what some preferences of theirs are so I can cater to that. I decided last minute to just grab a beer while I was out and just up it to the typical 7-8 beers that I like to send people in a lot of my trades just so they can try different things. Ask some of the folks in this thread and the local only thread. In this case, I just wanted to pack it up in advance and Bodhi is a fantastic beer that is now so available locally as fresh as it ever was consistently that I felt compelled after I submitted.

Seeing so many fantastic beers out there As well, I just did it. What's the big deal? I don't understand I guess other than maybe the confusion a resubmit offer makes, which I clearly didn't fully think through to make everyone happy. I saw resubmits in some of the earlier Friendship threads and decided to just do it.

Ah well, can't win em all on the internet.

Its all good, I was one who changed my offer. I did it because my offer overlapped with @jerbrew on the Modern Times brewery. I always send extras anyway, so I just decided to show them all, to make them a little more different. I did the same thing last time my offer overlapped with @gromitdj's offer. No biggie. :mug:

I don't think it has to do with people offering more so much as it has to do with some of us that just posted 3-4 as the guidelines stated which makes some offers look less intriguing. I have way more then what is posted in my pic that will come in the box to whoever gets it, but that is for the receiver to be surprised about. My intentions were to PM the person who selects mine and ask what their preference of style is to determine the "extras" that get put in the box. It's all good :)

just let it be known, that 3 and the glass is not the amount you will be getting :)

We just went to Allagash yesterday. Probably one of the BEST brewery tours we have been on. My daughter bought that same bottle you are offering. They also had a peach sour in the taproom that was fantastic. Loved everything they had. Thanks for the recommendation. Going to Alchemist and Hill Farmstead today.

Glad you enjoyed it. Allagash is a cool place and I've never been disappointed by them. Enjoy the VT breweries. Hill Farmstead is an experience just to get to, I need to go back.

What is this Russian River you speak of???

Are you this guy?

download.jpeg

@PianoMan
Ebmin11?

Yum..what?

I'd like to chime in volume. More is better.

With Rev, he said never had any from Texas, so loaded him up. Not all were 5 stars, but just to get a sampling of enjoyable beers I thought would be nice. It's always better for them to "owe" you anyway! 😀

Sorry folks and @imasickboy but I'd like to sweeten up my offer for this with a last minute purchase while I was out at the store. I doubt most will mind more beer but I'm adding a 4-pack of Columbus Brewing Bodhi.

Updated. :mug:

The following is my opinion only. And as my sig says...well, just say that my opinion doesn't have to mean anything. ;)

Most of us know many of us send more than 2-4 beers. And that's more than okay.

What we should probably avoid, however, is posting tons of extra beers in the offer itself. My concern is that we may intimidate others who may not be able to fulfill a comparable box. It's been the same people, mostly, who participate. Are we scaring off new folks from joining the trade?

I'm just as guilty of over-offering as anyone else, but I'm willing to follow along with the discussion and see where we might head in the future. I'll be participating until FotD 50, regardless of any changes we may or not encounter.

Cheers to all!

Yum..what?

I'd like to chime in volume. More is better.

With Rev, he said never had any from Texas, so loaded him up. Not all were 5 stars, but just to get a sampling of enjoyable beers I thought would be nice. It's always better for them to "owe" you anyway! [emoji3]

Your pic! Looks like an Ebm11 inversion the beers are making on that lovely piano? [emoji16]

Just a note on the Streetside Suh Brah in my offer. This is Streetside's first can release so I would assume you non Cincinnati folks haven't heard of it. The beer was just ok on tap but the can is very tasty. Here's a tease for whoever takes my offer. Cheers!

View attachment 1491949730228.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it. Allagash is a cool place and I've never been disappointed by them. Enjoy the VT breweries. Hill Farmstead is an experience just to get to, I need to go back.

Thanks. Also went to Smuttynose and Portsmouth, most of the others you recommended were closed on Monday. Got to Alchemist today, got to meet John. Wanted to go to Hill today, but not open, will do Friday. Hitting Sam Adams mashin tour in the morning, then Trillium and then Red Sox game. Spending the night then seeing Cape Cod and hopefully Treehouse Thursday. This has been a dream vacation.

Its all good, I was one who changed my offer. I did it because my offer overlapped with @jerbrew on the Modern Times brewery. I always send extras anyway, so I just decided to show them all, to make them a little more different. I did the same thing last time my offer overlapped with @gromitdj's offer. No biggie. :mug:

That's right! you stay in your zone Mr. Spartan. I gots the SD brews up in here. :rockin:

Just a note on the Streetside Suh Brah in my offer. This is Streetside's first can release so I would assume you non Cincinnati folks haven't heard of it. The beer was just ok on tap but the can is very tasty. Here's a tease for whoever takes my offer. Cheers!

That looks Juicey! I know that No Sleep till Norwood is really tasty.

That's right! you stay in your zone Mr. Spartan. I gots the SD brews up in here. :rockin:

Ha, that Pure Project Brewing looks so good. Very tempting,

Back