Favorite Lager Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_FL

Reaction score
So I am in the fortunate position to have just brewed 2 batches last week and brewing again this week so I can "afford" to have my fermentation fridge tied up in Lagering mode for the next month or so. I am looking to brew two 5 gal lagers later this week and would welcome suggestions.

These will be my first two lager brews and I am looking for two that can run at the same fermentation schedule. I also need to have them in the keg in about 6 weeks.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks

Thanks. Not a huge Marzen fan myself but appreciate the suggestion. Any other folks have recipes out there they would recommend. Maybe a light/amber and dark lager?

Thanks

I would second a Dunkel and maybe a Bock of some sort, maybe maibock? or Smoked Maibock. Oh boy thats sounds good. I think i need to get brewing

Malticulous said:
What do you mean by light? Color or flavor?

Just plisler malt and some noble hops can make a great lager.
Mainly color, but with a nice crisp flavor that is not overly malty. Any recipe suggestions that are tried and true?

Back