Farmhouse's IPA Yeast Blend.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers77

Vendor
Reaction score
We released this a few days ago via our newsletter and still have a few more packs left if you'd like to be one of the first to try our yeast blend. We will have more on the 13th.

Farmhouse's IPA Yeast Blend:
We took our favorite hazy IPA yeasts and created a blend that we use in house at our brewery Rock County Brewing Company. We were blending this each time we brewed and after a discussion Omega was kind enough to put the blend together for us to share with all of you great homebrewers. This is the first run of the blend and we are testing out as I write this but we would also like to get your feedback. You can expect this to be a very citrus/fruit forward yeast blend that accentuates all the wonderful hazy IPA hops. We start this at 62 and ramp to 65 on day 2 then 68 on day 3. We typically dry hop day 3 @ 80-85% of expected attenuation, them let it finish out and dryhop again on day 5 or 6 after crashing.

Flocculation: Medium

Attenuation: 72-82%

Temperature Range: 65-72° F

Alcohol Tolerance: High

Pack Contains 150 Billion Cells

Just about to keg a batch that I put this yeast in. Any way you could be more specific as to what strains are blended in this yeast? Thanks!

Just about to keg a batch that I put this yeast in. Any way you could be more specific as to what strains are blended in this yeast? Thanks!

There are multiple as noted including 1318 and Conan, rather not give out the entire blend.

Hows the beer?

There are multiple as noted including 1318 and Conan, rather not give out the entire blend.

Hows the beer?

No worries I understand. Beer came out pretty solid. I used pretty much my standard NEIPA recipe that normally just gets 1318. Similar tasting notes, maybe a tad less fruity in aroma. Same haze for sure.

This definitely seemed to attenuate more than 1318. Finished a but lower than I would have wanted (1.008ish) — but that’s fixable on my end.

Back