Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. Damn.

All my guys are done.

Is that the lowest weekly point total this season?

DAMN, I was feeling good going into today. Why the hell can't Chad Johnson get in the damn end zone?

the_bird said:
So, how many people put a claim in on Bulger? I did, even though I have an OK QB (I'd start Bulger over Hasselback any day of the week, though).

What really, REALLY didn't make sense is Town Drunks had ANOTHER QB on bye this week they could have cut, if they REALLY needed to free up the roster space. Do I really need to run a poll to figure out what percentage of people would keep Bulger over Vince Young?

I don't know, pet peeve. If the dude actually posted in this thread (if you're lurking, c'mon and post, we don't bite), he could have traded for a good RB or WR or ANYTHING for Bulger. Putting him on waivers was just stupid.

Dunno, maybe he just wanted to amuse himself watching the feeding frenzy. Scary thing is, he's probably still going to win this week. He's only four points behind with one player left, while the Athletic Jews are all done. Bird, it looks like you've got a good chance to remain in that frist-place tie. BTW why couldn't you have picked last week to go into the tank???:mad:

I suppose I must thank the Fantasy pantheon that I survived today... and hope that Eli doesn't muck it all up tomorrow.

Til then!

(And thanks, Bruschi, for the support- you're a good guy!)

I'm fine with finishing in second place, or even third. As long as there's more home brew coming INTO the house than leaving, all is well.

God, I love this NFL SUnday Ticket thing..... This is from a couple of weeks ago, but... Football Madness....

NFL_Sunday_Ticket.jpg

the_bird said:
I'm fine with finishing in second place, or even third. As long as there's more home brew coming INTO the house than leaving, all is well.

I'm just hoping to put on a stretch run to finish 4th and the playoffs. Long ways to go before that tho. It's gonna be real tight in the middle of the pack.

OK, need some help.

Trying to compile a roster of all-chick-name NFL players. So far, I've only got a couple:

QB - Seneca Wallace (isn't she a tennis player?)
WR: Reche (ree-shey) Caldwell
WR: Bethel Johnson
WR: Doug Gabreil
WR: Terry Glenn
WR: Torry Holt
K: Shayne Graham
CB: Shawntae Shencer
LB: Rosie Colvin

HALL OF FAME:
DL: Rosier Grier
WR: Lynn Swann
RB: Gayle Sayers

Who else? Gimme a hand...

EDITS: This team will be known as the "Bethel Johnson All-Stars".

Adding players suggested...

Either, I would think. I was thinking current players, but maybe Grier can be the defensive line coach.

I added Terry Glenn, in part because of the Parcells comment his first year.

Walker-san said:
God, I love this NFL SUnday Ticket thing..... This is from a couple of weeks ago, but... Football Madness....

I love that too. Now I just wish I had an HD receiver! I say that, because yesterday I bought the ultimate gold mine for the new house....check it out:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sharp-Multimedia-Projector-XR-10X/sem/rpsm/oid/138261/catOid/-13322/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I did a ton of research and this was the best one out there for a budget between $1000-1500, so I got it. I pulled the trigger yesterday because I had a 10% off coupon that was about to expire. I cannot wait to set that up and watch games now.

the_bird said:
I hope you spent under budget, 'cause online that projector's $839 right now....

Yah, WAY under budget, and specifically why SWMBO let me pull the trigger on it yesterday. With that 10% coupon I walked out of there with it for under $750. SWEET!

Searching on Yahoo, though, I just found the

BEST. NAME. EVER.

"Richie Incognito"

Offensive lineman for the Rams. How frickin' cool is the last name "Incognito?" Is that even real, did he make that **** up?

Tom Brady is pretty girlie too. :D

Speaking of Brady....BB, I'm still considering your offer. I'll get back to you.

the_bird said:
OK, need some help.

Trying to compile a roster of all-chick-name NFL players. So far, I've only got a couple:

QB - Seneca Wallace (isn't she a tennis player?)
WR: Reche (ree-shey) Caldwell
WR: Bethel Johnson
WR: Doug Gabreil
WR: Terry Glenn
WR: Torry Holt
K: Shayne Graham
CB: Shawntae Shencer
LB: Rosie Colvin

HALL OF FAME:
DL: Rosier Grier
WR: Lynn Swann
RB: Gayle Sayers

Who else? Gimme a hand...

EDITS: This team will be known as the "Bethel Johnson All-Stars".

Adding players suggested...

Um, hello, what about Brett Favre? that's hall of fame too. Or will be.

the_bird said:
Searching on Yahoo, though, I just found the

BEST. NAME. EVER.

"Richie Incognito"

Offensive lineman for the Rams. How frickin' cool is the last name "Incognito?" Is that even real, did he make that **** up?

He was in the Witness Protection Program

I think a moment of appreciation is due for the Scrotum Puppies!

How's it feel to win one, boys?

How's it feel... to take one step away from last-place homebrew-certainty?

andre the giant said:
I feel like a shiney new penny. I wish I could feel like a million bucks, but that's not the case. The scrotum puppies 1 team won as well.

Hoorayyy!

I need you to win a few more games so I can get some beer. :mug:

Anyone interested in Tiki Barber or Willis McGahee?

The cost would be a high end WR. I can trade McGahee this week, but would need to wait a week in Barber due to so many of my players being on a bye week.

I'd be interested in McGahee for someone like S. Moss or M. Furrey. Their points are similar to your McGahee.

Or, I could give you Furrey, S. Moss, or Cotcherty for Barber next week if that interests you.

I'm looking for a decent wide receiver, I have four pretty strong RBs. I'm holding onto Willie Mo Parker, but Fred Taylor's Groin is available. Pretty good numbers this year, and all joking aside he's been pretty durable for quite some time. Kevin Jones I've disliked, but it looks like Detroit's offense is starting to kick it up. He gets a lot of touches both running and receiving, so he'll be starting for me soon - but I'm still listening.

SOMEBODY needs a better RB, I know it. Show your faces!

Back