Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeeeeeesus!!!

It's like Christmas morning!!!! Different article, different newspaper

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/article/1006100--cox-loving-these-canucks-sure-isn-t-easy

"Alex Burrows lowered the bar with his chomp on the peaceful Patrice Bergeron in Game 1, made worse by the league’s decision not to do anything about it and Lapierre’s mocking of that decision in Game 2. Burrows got into a stick-fight with Boston goalie Tim Thomas in Game 4, a fight he started."

"Every game, it seems, there’s another line crossed. In Game 4, Ryan Kesler got back to his old whine-at-the-refs mode, something he’d removed from his repertoire.

Pressure and push-back does funny things, huh?"

"Bringing in Max Lapierre from Montreal (via Anaheim, of course) at the trade deadline just added a trash-talking player notorious for faking injuries and fouls."

I think the series will tilt towards Boston. Mind you, I'm rooting for the West. Well, I'm rooting for OT more than anything.

The Sedins have tremendous talent but I don't think they have the grit to lead Vancouver to the promised land. Getting blown out in game three is one thing, but to let game 4 get away too doesn't bode well. Kesler may be the best American born player in the NHL, but he hasn't found a way to be the difference maker.

I can only think of a couple more cliches, so I'll leave it at this. Unless the Canucks can find another gear, Boston skates the cup on home ice.

Well at least they had the sense to start Luongo in net.

Good game so far... it may be 0-0 but the Canucks have come out fairly strong and have been dominating the game up until now.

Henrik Sedin just got a penalty though, so that could quickly change, but even if Vancouver draws more penalties tonight, that's fine with me so long as the refs are keeping on top of stuff.

Another penalty... fair, but Boston got away with too many men, once again, just a few minutes ago. The crowd sees it, the announcers at ice level see it, why can't the refs ever see it?

You guys must be watching a different game. Either that or you are expecting more of what you saw in games 3 & 4. Vancouver showed up tonight. It ain't gonna be that easy.

Boston can suck it, but man Thomas is awesome, 1.25ga, .966, good grief. Half his saves are made closer to the face off circles than the goal line, super aggressive. Conn Smythe, no doubt. How about a good double ot 0-0.

_

BOOM!

thslampage2jjxj3we4.gif

It was a matter of time. I dont get comments that the B's look good. Apparently I AM watching a different game. They are letting the Vags, I mean, Canucks beat em to the puck and they're watching. They're not putting hits on anyone.

Boston has impeccable timing with this penalty... it's like they're even giftwrapping the game.

Back