Eclipse Release Party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto. Brought a case, came back with just Eclipse. Sharing bottles at this event is the best way to meet mostly everyone there. The more you bring, the more people you meet :)

I grabbed a Halia and Gillian, and have a few random Sasions at my house, how many bottles is normal to take?

Ditto. Brought a case, came back with just Eclipse. Sharing bottles at this event is the best way to meet mostly everyone there. The more you bring, the more people you get carried around by
FTFY.

Incidentally I'm planning on following my own advice and bringing one bottle. One three-liter bottle.

I will probably bring some more just in case we pregame again. What time are you and lymph getting into town? I assume you're carpooling.

I know it's late in the game, but does anyone need a ticket? My wife decided she's not into it.

Here's just a quick update from Todd in that other forum:

Plan on it being very cold overnight Thursday/Friday. No keeping beer in your car overnight. It will be 3 degrees yes THREE by dawn here. It is cold enough to freeze Eclipse!

When feasible our 'party' bottles go on to become future commercial releases. As did "Java" or Coffee Eclipse.

We are very happy with this years 'Party Bottle'.

We have several 'new to everyone' barrel aged projects to share on Thursday!

i have no business being in this thread. im just a big Eclipse fan. it might have already been talked about here but i havent read all the posts yet. any hints or speculation as to what the "party bottle" is. they seem to be on the up and up with what the hot **** of the moment is in the beer nerd community. my guess is a mole theme

i have no business being in this thread. im just a big Eclipse fan. it might have already been talked about here but i havent read all the posts yet. any hints or speculation as to what the "party bottle" is. they seem to be on the up and up with what the hot **** of the moment is in the beer nerd community. my guess is a mole theme

I'm hoping for cognac, a brandy vanilla, or something with some heat and cinnamon.

It's possible, given what was written by Todd, that it will be some more of Hunahpu type eclipse if he wants it to enter the regular line up next year.

In their recent Facebook pic, it looks like there's btls w/ 2 shades of blue wax, the '12 Old Fitz and a lighter one. Could it be coconut?

In their recent Facebook pic, it looks like there's btls w/ 2 shades of blue wax, the '12 Old Fitz and a lighter one. Could it be coconut?

Just because of the color? Have any of the colors besides ice blue made any sense in the past?

Just got in, boy howdy is it ****ing cold. Anyone else doing the vertical tasting tonight?

Ah, ok. In looking at the photo, I think that's Iced.

Also, just like last year... I apologize in advance for anyone I grope, bear-hug, and/or punch in the face tomorrow.
Makes sense, they wouldn't have the new btl displayed already for the public to see. I hope I get to try it, Iced Bart that is.

As far as getting gropehugpunched, no apologies necessary.

Went skiing, not enough challenging terrain open. Was told Friday they'd open to the top. Oh well, got a good minimal workout and the joints accustomed to jumping again.

Stupid trial at 2pm hasn't settled yet. . . ugh, I might be running late and having to be that dick wearing his work clothes to a beer party.

Hottenroth coming with me.

Saw a picture they posted on twitter of the bottles, but I did see a tap handle for 2011 Bart.

Any luck on party bottle info?
Nope. Todd mentioned that he's really pleased with it, but said he couldn't say what it was (I didn't actually ask, he brought this up). He also mentioned that the most popular ones so far are Rum, Maker's Mark, and High West, though apparently the Rum is pretty divisive, people either really love or really don't.

Back