Ebels Weiss yeast for wit beer clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikePote

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentleman,

Recently I have had the itch to do a simple Belgian. Avery brewing gives out recipes for homebrewers to many of there popular beers (http://averybrewing.com/brewery/recipes-for-homebrewers/) and what do you know, white rascal is on there. Perfect for me white rascal is delicious and super simple to brew so I am going to make it.

My question is could I use the yeast I cultured from a bottle of ebels Weiss I have sitting in my fridge. For those of you not familiar ebels Weiss is a really good hefe from a regional Chicago area brewer Two Brothers.

Im new to Belgians and homebrewing in general but the very limited research I have done tells me a hefe and wit are basically the same thing, maybe ferment a wit a little higher to get more taste from the yeast.

I cant imagine fermenting a wit with a Weiss yeast could possibly be a bad thing but was looking for some confirmation. And by no means do I need to be strict to a style or guideline I just want to make tasty Belgianish beer.

Also, I recently brewed my first saison and threw in a half a jar of marmalade for the orange peels and other fruit flavors. Does anybody have opposition to me throwing in a scoop of marmalade to the end of the boil instead of using the orange peel in the white rascal recipe?

Thanks for any input

Latest posts

Back