double IPA dry hop recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surgicalbrews

Reaction score
I t recently finished an imperial IPA with simcoe and Columbus continuously hopped during last 20 minutes of boil and then dry hopped with about 1.5 of each for one week. It came out amazing ask I brewed it again. I recently bought a few different hops in bulk for a cheap 50 cents an ounce and I am considering changing the dry hop schedule. I currently have simcoe, Columbus, Crystal, Newport, Willamette, summit, Chinook, and goldings. Was thinking simcoe and summit would pair nicely. Any recommendations from the above listed hops. I can post the grain bill of anyone is interested.

simcoe and columbus, all the way. they make a great dry hopping pair. I know this because my last batch that used them was great, and I'm brewing that same recipe again and I rarely ever brew the same recipe twice.

summit and/or chinook would go well with simcoe & columbus. maybe just choose a 3rd and add 1oz of each for a lil more complexity than the original?

Back