Don't Drink Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant the otter/maris otter thing in general (obv not the final image). I remember because I heard the pun verbally a few times before he actually made the image. I think he posted the otter carrying the bottle of Great and you redid the caption for DDB (and maybe cleaned up the image a little). I would have to go through his computer to find it, though since it wasn't something he put on Insta.
Ah I know that meme, we were well in the Maris canon by that point.

Ah I know that meme, we were well in the Maris canon by that point.

7MEjD9M.jpg

True, lots of talk about Maris Otter the malt, but I don't remember seeing any otter memes before this one on 9/20/17.

7MEjD9M.jpg

True, lots of talk about Maris Otter the malt, but I don't remember seeing any otter memes before this one on 9/20/17.
On 9/20/17 there's the one of Maris holding the great like a rifle on IG but it's too close to concurrent that I can't see the hour stamp. Twitter has it at 1:21pm so it might be derivative. I think arren did the shoooop

It would take endless BIL scrolling to get to the bottom of this but you're right around that time is when otters started popping out of the mash

Last edited:
On 9/20/17 there's the one of Maris holding the great like a rifle on IG but it's too close to concurrent that I can't see the hour stamp. I think arren did the shoooop

It would take endless BIL scrolling to get to the bottom of this but you're right around that time is when otters started popping out of the mash
I was just complaining to a friend earlier today that 15+ years ago, forums solved many of the problems present with trying to navigate/find things in FB groups.

Alex dropped and smashed a different reserve (estate fruit, small batch count) Schramm’s while filming and tailgating a few weeks ago.

Basically, “let me give you an irreplacable bottle so you can drop it” :p

The respectable thing would be to film in the parking lot someone passing out in a porta potty

The **** did I just watch.
You watched someone grasping to create something to entertain people, the undulating fabric of torn anonymity clipping against the seams of scripted effort. Perhaps the garb was ill fitting to you all along, the husky screen print T of consistency, first person shots of whales defiled, a safe rejoinder for the Scylla and Charybdis of actual contemplation and exposition. The lonely creak of floorboards, watching the autonomy of a tiny cicerone getting onto that Rockwellian schoolbus, altered tastes and enduring impressions. It's that fleeting sense of self and awareness of static sameness that makes the change so dissonant.

The question posited is: what kind of **** does the watching.

You watched someone grasping to create something to entertain people, the undulating fabric of torn anonymity clipping against the seams of scripted effort. Perhaps the garb was ill fitting to you all along, the husky screen print T of consistency, first person shots of whales defiled, a safe rejoinder for the Scylla and Charybdis of actual contemplation and exposition. The lonely creak of floorboards, watching the autonomy of a tiny cicerone getting onto that Rockwellian schoolbus, altered tastes and enduring impressions. It's that fleeting sense of self and awareness of static sameness that makes the change so dissonant.

The question posited is: what kind of **** does the watching.

The **** did I just read.

dontdrinkbeer I've considered quitting Barleywine Is Life several times due to the overabundance of shitty meme content and general *****ebaggery of a large number of the members, but have stayed in because I genuinely enjoy a lot of the actual barleywine posts. But if this Tide Pod **** doesn't stop soon I'm gone.

dontdrinkbeer I've considered quitting Barleywine Is Life several times due to the overabundance of shitty meme content and general *****ebaggery of a large number of the members, but have stayed in because I genuinely enjoy a lot of the actual barleywine posts. But if this Tide Pod **** doesn't stop soon I'm gone.
It'll just be something equally obnoxious and played out to death next.
The complete lack of originality in that group is appalling.

Back