Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B7C052E7-5DE9-4069-A38B-9B2E5727AB2A.jpeg

I'm wanting to get a dog, or two dogs prefferably. As I am soon done with my hunters permit they will be working and of course companions. Been thinking about a Beagle for roe deer, red deer(pretty much the same animal as american wapiti) and boar. And a Jämthound or Norwegian gray hound as moose dog. Both are ancient scandinavian spitzer varieties. Now I just need to save some money and convince swmbo...

Steve, sorry to hear that happened. Thats a devastating loss.
Thank you.
He wasn't even our dog, but we loved him. We took care of him and the other dog when their owner was out of town and interacted with both dogs on a daily basis.

We've been crying off and on all day. Bubba left the property last night just before midnight and got hit by a car and killed.

so sorry about your daughter-in-law's puppy. my heart is broken for you all.

my Priscilla & my Goombah will look out for him until your DIL can be reunited with him at the Rainbow Bridge

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went
- Will Rogers

today we celebrate the day the Howdy adopted us 11 years ago

we were checking out a rescue event at a PetSmart &, while I drove around the lot looking for a parking space, the BigHair went inside.

by the time I caught up with her, she had fallen in love with this freckle faced boy. & didn't take long for me to fall in love with him too. we later found out his birthday is February 27th & this year he will be 14 years old

the first photo we took of him at his new fur-ever home. & the latest; a beagle-shaped lump on the floor

happy adoption day, muh bubbah!

howdy first photo.jpg
118137130_10223785036717607_6640600680127261785_o.jpg

I am going to post some memories real quick as lost my girl over the past weekend. old age got the best of her sunday night just after midnight. she was strong enough to pull herself onto my chest and put her face on mine and i held her tight for her last moments, right where she wanted to be.

she was there when my daughter was born
client_PART_1488458989798_FB_IMG_1488458928247.jpg
she was there when i divorced my first wife
20210219_124201.png
she was there when we broke ground for my sisters house just down the lane - and a hurricane slowed the progress of their build.
20210219_130031.jpg
she was there for my daughters first day of school
20210219_130119.jpg
she was there when we brought this fella home, and accepted him as her own.
20210219_131129.jpg
she was there when we made our new family
20210219_131348.jpg
she was there for me always and god do i miss her
20210219_131109.jpg

a million memories exist between these few, Basil (yes like the herb) will be forever loved and dearly missed. thank you all for letting me share.

Cheers!

I am going to post some memories real quick as lost my girl over the past weekend. old age got the best of her sunday night just after midnight. she was strong enough to pull herself onto my chest and put her face on mine and i held her tight for her last moments, right where she wanted to be.

she was there when my daughter was born
View attachment 719246
she was there when i divorced my first wife
View attachment 719247
she was there when we broke ground for my sisters house just down the lane - and a hurricane slowed the progress of their build.
View attachment 719248
she was there for my daughters first day of school
View attachment 719249
she was there when we brought this fella home, and accepted him as her own.
View attachment 719250
she was there when we made our new family
View attachment 719251
she was there for me always and god do i miss her
View attachment 719252

a million memories exist between these few, Basil (yes like the herb) will be forever loved and dearly missed. thank you all for letting me share.

Cheers!
Ooof... gut punch I know.

lol! We were over my youngest son's house today. His Rhody ridgeback and I have had a thing for years, and now that there is a young human in their house, I'm pretty sure the doggie would go home with me in a heartbeat just to get all of my attention and not have to contend with said youngster.

We all went out for a walk and when we returned I was the one wiping paws...

Cheers! (I'm a total mark :D)

20181224_090351.jpg

Lily and Daisy. It has been almost a year since we lost Lily. She truly was one of the great ones. RIP Friend.

The little one is getting there, she goes bonkers over spent grain of course! (a handful on brew day and then some dried for treats)

Back