Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pssttt... That's an Aussie mix. Look at the facial similarities to my dog Blue next to my username.
MC

Yup thats a pretty good guess. We've had a Sheltie (when I was a kid), a Border Collie (miss that girl), and now likely an Aussie with maybe some border mixed in. Sam was from a bad hoarding situation down in Arkansas, but you'd never know now looking at him.

Yup thats a pretty good guess. We've had a Sheltie (when I was a kid), a Border Collie (miss that girl), and now likely an Aussie with maybe some border mixed in. Sam was from a bad hoarding situation down in Arkansas, but you'd never know now looking at him.

You Sam looks a LOT like my Blue, but Sam's color is not in the usual "wheel of color" for Aussies. With the sable/sandy color, I'd be tempted to say Aussie + rough sable collie mix.

Those Aussies are highly adaptable. Show them love + affection and some food, and you'll have a friend for life. (I've had 5 Aussies over the years).

MC

Perspective on the size of Tesla. My daughter is just shy of 4 feet tall.

image.jpg

Dosia. Energy of a five year old.... She's 12 and just started having seizures. She apparently has an enlarged heart but can't confirm that has anything to do with the seizures. Thank god for insurance ... More tests tomorrow

View attachment 237077

2,000+ confirmed birds retrieved before she retired at 6 yrs (knee injury)

Update if you care. She wasn't having seizures. She was fainting. The condition is called syncope. She went to the heart doctor and her exact problems were identified and are being treated. No fainting for almost a week and she's back to her old self. Thank god for Pet Plan.

Update if you care. She wasn't having seizures. She was fainting. The condition is called syncope. She went to the heart doctor and her exact problems were identified and are being treated. No fainting for almost a week and she's back to her old self. Thank god for Pet Plan.

Good news!

Sent from my magic box, using only my thumbs.

:rockin: awesome news!

'Course we care! That's awesome! Glad it's fixable and soon be ready to play!

Sent from my BrewPhone using Home Brew, cuz I really didn't want to fire up the computer to post this.

Great to hear!

Is this plan expensive?

That's kind of relative, but for us it has saved us thousands of dollars over the years. I'm pretty sure you can get quotes from their webpage

I forgot I had this video. Our Dyna and my best friends chichuahua, Nacho. They always have so much fun together.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ncYdqykwI&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

We are finally getting settled into our new place in Prescott Valley, both have a kind alley, AZ. We just picked up a pair of mixed breed females from the Yavapai County Humane Society, part Australian Shepard and part Lab. They have only been with us since Friday but act as if they have been with us since birth.

Last night I was at PetSmart looking at chest harnesses for Tesla. And they are so cute. And most of them top out at size: medium.

Ridgeback mix -> not a size medium dog.

So I'm looking at the 3 large ones that they have and I'm trying to decide if Tesla's girth is greater than 32 inches or not. So I don't get one.

I get back home and measure him. 36 inch girth. That's my waist size. There might be one that fits him. Or maybe I should just buy a couple of leather belts.

Btw, he wanted to eat the tape measure.

Dog's at the vet's right now. Had surgery this morning. He'd been having some digestive issues, and the past couple days started throwing up all of his food. Regurgitating, actually. Big dog, lab/pit mix. Old dog. 11 years. And he's lost ~13 pounds since the spring, from just over 100 to ~90.

Turns out that, seems right after Thanksgiving, he ate a trash bag. A whole ****ing trash bag. Must have been some turkey in it, or stuffing, or something. And it got stuck in 'im, completely blocking his digestive track. They had him overnight, doing a Barium test and it wasn't leaving his stomach so they cut him open this morning and found that. Three feet of shredded trash bag.

SO GLAD it wasn't a bunch of tumors, especially five ****ing days before Christmas.

****ing dog. Idiot. "I'm going to eat this trash bag, it's so tasty!"

Dog's at the vet's right now. Had surgery this morning. He'd been having some digestive issues, and the past couple days started throwing up all of his food. Regurgitating, actually. Big dog, lab/pit mix. Old dog. 11 years. And he's lost ~13 pounds since the spring, from just over 100 to ~90.

Turns out that, seems right after Thanksgiving, he ate a trash bag. A whole ****ing trash bag. Must have been some turkey in it, or stuffing, or something. And it got stuck in 'im, completely blocking his digestive track. They had him overnight, doing a Barium test and it wasn't leaving his stomach so they cut him open this morning and found that. Three feet of shredded trash bag.

SO GLAD it wasn't a bunch of tumors, especially five ****ing days before Christmas.

The whole bag!? Freaking dogs. Hope he's ok.

We'll pick him up from the vets (and settle the bill :eek:) tomorrow; my wife and daughter are going to stop by and see him for a bit this afternoon. Sounds like he's going to be fine. He's just been acting up in hus old age, getting back into things like he did when he was a puppy, misbehaving. Not sure if he's just antsy (haven't been for as many walks because of the weather and illness), or if there's such a thing as canine-dementia!

My dog chewed up the cat litter scoop while my daughter was watching him. Months later, he vomited a couple pieces of blue plastic, then started pooping blue plastic. Took us several days to realize that it was the litter scoop.

KB got a hold of two bags of halloween candy last year and ate them all, including the wrappers. Fortunately he at least left the bags behind. He was pooping wrappers for a week.

Back