Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New pots with a new puppy!
IMG_0483.jpg
IMG_0484.jpg

Here's my little brewdog, Morgan. One "action" shot from a past brewday, the other providing a better look at her. She goes absolutely psycho for the hose water, so I have to put her inside during cleanup time, lol.

Attachments

• 20170828_104357.jpg
    20170828_104357.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
  • 20180118_212205.jpg
    20180118_212205.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 141

We adopted a second dog about six weeks ago (the smaller black one). It's kind of amazing how well they both adapted. Our golden doodle was happy before (I think she is genetically incapable of being unhappy), but having someone to play with has made her even happier. And our new pup has really come out of her shell in the last few weeks, from being a quivering ball of sadness at the shelter.

Gino just celebrated his 11th birthday. He is now 10 months past being diagnosed with cancer and being given 2 months to live. Coincidentally, we have the same birthday.

My daughter made him a birthday cake, it is a pumpkin and dog food pancake with peanutbutter frosting.

Attachments

• IMG_20180414_194733.jpg
    IMG_20180414_194733.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 81
Our Sadie turned 2 today. No idea what type of dog so I just call her a Canardly ad you can hardly twll what kind of she is.

Best guess is a boxer and some type of terrier mix.

@Boomer there is just something about gun dogs doing gun dog things - something that is just so right - I have never been as happy as our goldendoodle is when she is wet and muddy and bringing something back to me.

@Boomer there is just something about gun dogs doing gun dog things - something that is just so right - I have never been as happy as our goldendoodle is when she is wet and muddy and bringing something back to me.

I know what you mean. No matter how crazy Major drives me when he's inside the house, the minute I cut him loose in a field, I remember how much fun he is and absolutely love it. Blue is my best friend, though. She comes to work with me and if I tried to keep her out of the marsh during duck season, she'd probably figure out a way to start destroying my things.

Our Sadie turned 2 today. No idea what type of dog so I just call her a Canardly ad you can hardly twll what kind of she is.

Best guess is a boxer and some type of terrier mix.

If you're itching to know, the DNA tests aren't terribly expensive and they're actually very cool. It shows you the whole family tree! These are the results from our 2. Saaz is Cassie's mom. They just send you a swab to swipe their mouth and you send it back.

Saaz.png
Cassie.png

If you're itching to know, the DNA tests aren't terribly expensive and they're actually very cool. It shows you the whole family tree! These are the results from our 2. Saaz is Cassie's mom. They just send you a swab to swipe their mouth and you send it back.

View attachment 566684 View attachment 566685
We did one and turns out our lab is mostly golden retriever

Attachments

• gypsy7.jpg
    gypsy7.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68

View attachment 566684 View attachment 566685

Which service did you use? We have a rescue that’s almost two now and they said they think she’s a retriever mix when we adopted her as a pup. She looks more like a ridgeback and Pitt mix. She’s a 60lbs cuddle bug that will try to steal your pillow on your bed or just lay on your head. Haha. But we are very curious to do this.

Which service did you use? We have a rescue that’s almost two now and they said they think she’s a retriever mix when we adopted her as a pup. She looks more like a ridgeback and Pitt mix. She’s a 60lbs cuddle bug that will try to steal your pillow on your bed or just lay on your head. Haha. But we are very curious to do this.

We went with Mars Wisdom Panel. There's a promo code on it for $15 off. It was a few years ago so I have no idea if it still works but it's worth a shot:
FF6008299TI
Share your results if you end up going for it :mug:

He can't help it, the Howdy's breeding strikes again

Another point in his defense; any mommy bunny who builds her nest in a beagle's yard isn't doing her species any favors by passing along her DNA

RIP, baby bunny (the Howdy's 3rd)

the Howdy gave us a big scare 6 years ago today

he ruptured a disk and needed surgery. thankfully, our wonderful veterinarian referred us to the equally wonderful vets, nurses, techs and student vets at the Virginia–Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine at Virginia Tech

WE THANK THEM ALL for giving us 6 more years with our Howdy

tl;dr - if your critter EVER needs a treatment you can't afford, have your vet contact the nearest veterinary school and see if they can't provide more affordable options.

710.jpg

Just in case you guys missed it, there's again been warnings about premade dog treats of the "jerky" variety.
most of these are made in china or with chinese meat(even when not reported on the bag) and contain chemicals that can cause kidney failure in dogs.

Just in case you guys missed it, there's again been warnings about premade dog treats of the "jerky" variety.
most of these are made in china or with chinese meat(even when not reported on the bag) and contain chemicals that can cause kidney failure in dogs.
Thanks for posting. I've warned my wife about Chinese crap a while back. Sanity in this world is totally giving away to the all mighty buck...

Back