Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1129171559.jpg

My dog Chief is 7 months old and he is at training camp for 30 days. Been gone for 12 days. Life is not the same without him.

View attachment 552708

It’s amazing how a simple dog treat can get them all to stay for a group photo!

Left to right.

Nyla is a Border Collie/Australian Shepherd/Cattle Dog (50/25/25). She will be 15 years old in February and still plays fetch. She’s an amazing dog!

Charlotte is our latest addition late last summer. She is a rescue mutt. The shelter thought she was a lab mix. We think a Ridgeback/Pit mix. We will probably get a DNA test later this year. She is 1.5 years old. She’s all puppy still.

Bella is the small “Snorky-Yorkie”. She’s a Schnauzer and Yorkie mix. She will be 11 years old in March. She thinks she’s just as big as the other two dogs. She even plays fetch like Nyla which always surprises people.

Haven’t posted in a while but thought I would share this recent group with photo of them all.
Uber cute family! Miss having more then one ourselves. Wife is a training with ours so we CAN have a puppy. With his strong prey drive trainers are suggesting we don't.

Wife is looking at getting a 5yr old Mastiff mix female. Our trainer says a low key older female would work best with our 7yr old high strung pit mix. Keeping fingers crossed. Shes 135lbs! Would be nice to have another family addition.

Here is a pic of Abbey with my firstborn back in 2013. Just found out today she has stomach cancer. Been a good 14 years. Tell myself she’s a dog and I know they don’t last forever, but when you care for and bond with a being that long, it is a tough pill to swallow.
IMG_0203.jpg

I understand your pain. I just put down my 14 year old Yellow Lab Callie 2 weeks ago. Very sad. Thankfully I still have my Black Lab Carllie to ease the grief.

Here is a pic of Abbey with my firstborn back in 2013. Just found out today she has stomach cancer. Been a good 14 years. Tell myself she’s a dog and I know they don’t last forever, but when you care for and bond with a being that long, it is a tough pill to swallow.

I understand your pain. I just put down my 14 year old Yellow Lab Callie 2 weeks ago. Very sad. Thankfully I still have my Black Lab Carllie to ease the grief.
Sorry about your pups. Know that pain all too well. I don't think we ever get over it, just learn to move on. I still grief over my first dog, Sarah a white German Shepherd, who passed back in 1978. Best friend I ever had. Take care.

Brewsncrabs sorry for your loss. Inkleg, thanks for the kind words. I’ll join ya in raising a glass to all of our four-legged friends lost, living and yet to be made. They’re not people but hold a special place in our hearts all the same.

Gosh dang it. Dogs can certainly lift us up, and drop us to our lowest points when the leave us. I'm not crying, you're crying.

Went to one of my local tasting rooms tonight to raise a glass to the ones we've lost here as well as my best friend who lost his yellow lab this week and felt obligated to take my Hank. As luck should have it, they had this sign out front. I think he proved it pretty damn well
IMG_20180126_230124_563.jpg

Update: Had to say goodbye a week ago today. She let us know she was ready. House just isn’t the same. Feels awful empty at times. Lots of good memories though and no regrets.
Buried her in the yard. Stepped in a pile while putting the tools away, then sore as hell for a few days. She’s probably laughing at me.

Update: Had to say goodbye a week ago today. She let us know she was ready. House just isn’t the same. Feels awful empty at times. Lots of good memories though and no regrets.
Sorry to hear this. It is a sad strange adjustment and one we're never really ready for no matter how hard we try. I will raise my glass to Abbey later today to memories and no regrets.

Buried her in the yard. Stepped in a pile while putting the tools away, then sore as hell for a few days. She’s probably laughing at me.
.........and sticking her tongue out.

I would of been proud to call him a friend. Poor Abbey lost out to a baby garter snake, a baby bluebird, and was bitten on the tongue twice by groundhogs (don’t ask). Def was missing certain pit genes.

Well that day has finally arrived. We put ole Geoff to rest today after nearly 17 years of loyal companionship. He sure loved baseball and holidays. Have fun chasing those birds in the sky, boy.

View attachment 560595

My condolences.

Gino is now 2 months past his estimated six months too live. Stubborn dog is doing ok, the
tumor on his head is about the size of a softball, he is blind in one eye and deaf in one ear, but he still manages to get up on the table to eat anything left out. He just destroyed a bag of chips left out....

Well that day has finally arrived. We put ole Geoff to rest today after nearly 17 years of loyal companionship. He sure loved baseball and holidays. Have fun chasing those birds in the sky, boy.

View attachment 560595

So sorry to hear about Geoff. Looks and sounds like he had a great 17 years. Hope he can find my girl Chukes up there and they can chase the birds together. Gonna go raise a glass to him now

@shetc
Sorry for your and your family's loss.
I am raising my glass to Geoff, the dog that lived the life of royality.

We love them while they're here and cry like babies when we lose them.

I love my dogs more than anything. I started feeding them stuff like asparagus because I ready it's healthy for dogs and I want to keep them healthy so I can spend more time with them :yes:

My girl Saaz [...]

If I had read this post two days ago, our new shelter pup would have also be named Saaz. Oh well - Sethra it is, which kinda fits a little better with our other dog, Angua. And if anyone gets those references without google, congratulations, your taste in reading material is as good (or geeky) as mine.

IMG_5559.jpg
If I had read this post two days ago, our new shelter pup would have also be named Saaz. Oh well - Sethra it is, which kinda fits a little better with our other dog, Angua. And if anyone gets those references without google, congratulations, your taste in reading material is as good (or geeky) as mine.

When we got them, I was throwing out every hop name I could think of. When I got to Saaz, SWMBO said "yup, that's her. She looks like a Saaz". Her daughter is Cascade but we usually just call her Cassie. Saaz is the one with a blue sliver in one eye. Cascade is the one who looks like Max Sherzer

evie.jpg
Here is Evie watching the Westminster Dog show last month! I'd turn the channel and she'd put her head down and look away. Then I'd turn the dog show back on and she'd perk up and watch again. I think she had a crush on that golden!!!

Back