Does BMC really taste like piss?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedge_87

Reaction score
Just had a thought this morning I was disposing of last nights beer. I've noticed a lot of comments that equate the taste of BMC to urine. My question is has anybody done a case study on this?

Well,judging from my tastebuds over the decades,American lager/pilsner doesn't have that "good beer" flavor anymore. The very remembrance of which got me started in home brewing. Too light & ultimately pointless imo. Canadian beer tastes like ours with more crystal malt & green,immature hop flavors added. After cracking my first of New Belgium's Fat tire after finally getting bombers of it in Ohio,those beers are rapidly getting shoved to the back of the line! If their Ranger IPA is as good,at $2.99 per bomber,BMC's have just lost more ground...

A true test would be to taste BMC and piss both at a perfect 98.6 F temp on a side by side blind taste test. Any volunteers?

Just had a thought this morning I was disposing of last nights beer. I've noticed a lot of comments that equate the taste of BMC to urine. My question is has anybody done a case study on this?

I think urine is the second most drank drink around here. Shirley, they're not just talking out their asses.

Well I think you would also have to take into consideration what you had ate or drank before the urine sample was acquired. For instance coffee or asparagus.

Asparagus coffee BMC? I think we got a new beer. Time for multi million dollar add campaign.

But it might work in the vented cans!! We could also put some mountains that turn colors!

how about instead of mountains, we do a Great Dane hunched over like he's gonna poop. then when the temp is right, then the dog log shows up... plaid.

Yes and then for our commercial we can have Megan fox in a bikini riding a Great Dane

Or the other way around :fro:

So what's a good vegetable beer to make. I've done a little with peppers already. Damn TR. Not asspairagoose. Not okra. We've seen how well that doesn't twerkout. Valiant effort, though. And no damn tomato beer. I hear people use cukes. I like cukes. What about beans? Does beans count as a vegetable?

Or the other way around :fro:

So what's a good vegetable beer to make. I've done a little with peppers already. Damn TR. Not asspairagoose. Not okra. We've seen how well that doesn't twerkout. Valiant effort, though. And no damn tomato beer. I hear people use cukes. I like cukes. What about beans? Does beans count as a vegetable?

beans are a legume. I just thought I'd share...

So... To get a consitant product we could have everybody on hbt piss in a bucket combine it at the end of the month then bottle, cap, and distribute.... We can call it triple hopped, cold brewed (no boil involved), filtered (liver and kidneys), force carbed (pissing really hard).

So... To get a consitant product we could have everybody on hbt piss in a bucket combine it at the end of the month then bottle, cap, and distribute.... We can call it triple hopped, cold brewed (no boil involved), filtered (liver and kidneys), force carbed (pissing really hard).

it'd come out a Sour BIPA that was "cloyingly sweet".

So we have a sour BIPA, a great marketing campaign (Great Dane riding Megan fox), and unlimited supply thanks to our friends at hbt resulting in a crazy profit margin. All we need is a name. Any suggestions?

Do a taste test to find out for certain. :D
Regards, GF.

Well I was really hoping somebody else has already done research. I think to make such a claim there should be some sort of facts to back it up.

I watched a survival type show on the tv last year...at the very beginning they found a full can of macrobrew and dumped it on the ground to use it for a fire boiler
Later in the show one of them drank his own urine, because they couldnt locate water...

/tsp, tsp, tsp... Toasted grain, toffee, chocolate, sweet malt and a hint of salted caramel with subtle notes of honey. My pee is delicious!

Glad somebody actually tried it!!! That's what I've been waiting on. Any idea on abv? I'm tired oft buddies drinking all my homebrew on card night (it's free you know). Figurei can dedicate a keg to this.

Back