DIY Simulated Brew Pub Wort Chiller Growler Display Rack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racin_ny

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Resized9520180314951911169517001.jpg I had a ton of growlers floating around and no where to put them. So I built a simulated wort chiller on the wall of my bar in my house. It's really a Growler Display Rack.

First I bought a bunch of 3/4" black pipe fittings from Lowe's, Running's and Home Depot. I put them together to make these.

20180219_205802.jpg

Make them the proper length so you catch the studs in your wall with at least two screws on each flange. My studs are spaced 16" wide the pipes are separated 14" vertically.

20180222_201516.jpg

I bought 50' of 1/4" soft copper tube and cut it in half and made the coils on either end. I also bought 3 1/2" Black Metal Hooks for hanging pots and pans. Both were bought on Amazon.

20180224_151630.jpg

Here is the look you get with it when all of the Growlers are hung. I have purchased a few 4" hooks for the shorter bodied Growlers.

20180224_204133.jpg

It is mounted on the wall behind my projector screen that is mounted with 12" brackets so it clears all the obstacles.

20180224_151744.jpg

I have added Philips hue lightning and a curtain to hide the projection screen.

Resized9520180314951911169517001.jpg

Last edited:
Really nice!
But one is facing the wrong way. That really bothers me, Could you fix that and then take another pic?
I'm not OCD. My wife says I am, but I know I'm not because these are not unwanted feelings. It's good to have everything neat and orderly, right?
A couple of those growlers are not spaced evenly either. Maybe fix that too?

Really nice!
But one is facing the wrong way. That really bothers me, Could you fix that and then take another pic?
I'm not OCD. My wife says I am, but I know I'm not because these are not unwanted feelings. It's good to have everything neat and orderly, right?
LoL If I did that the logo would be on the back and the blank side facing out. I like the "natural" just placed look. Nothing is perfect.

Really nice!

You can feel comfortable you're not OCD, otherwise you would have hit post reply 5 times, waited for some one else to respond and hit it 2 more times, like the light switch leaving the room.

Really nice!

acidrain here is a better picture. I hope you haven't lost much sleep LOL
20180307_061132.jpg

Back