Dissolving sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slice

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the best method to dissolve sugar into juice. Do I heat the juice up and dissolve it or do I heat water up and dissolve it in that and then add to the juice? Any recommendations greatly appreciated along with quantities please

Juice from a bottle? Or how big of a carboy? Skip to 7:10 to start visual demonstration

What she said. If it’s from fruit of any quality, you should be good to go as is. If you need to add some sugar, take some juice out into a smaller container and dissolve sugar (or honey) in it then just add it back in.

I agree with sea monkey, your juice should be at 21 brix or 10% sugar already. I usually draw enough juice to half up a .75 L bottle and add sugar,cork and spin contents, sugar should dissolve within 5 minutes, adding more than 2 cups you will hit a saturation point and no more sugar will dissolve,

Back