DC Area Group Buy #10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, i have 3x 20lb co2 tanks available. I got 4 today off craigslist for 35$ each. i didn't need all 4, just one but i thought the deal was decent enough for others to get in on it so i got them all.

1 is a steel tank and 2 are aluminum.

i didnt know one was steel til i got there but i figured you could just do a co2 tank exchange and end up with an aluminum tank.

35$ each, let me know and ill bring it to the GB.

Hey guys, i have 3x 20lb co2 tanks available. I got 4 today off craigslist for 35$ each. i didn't need all 4, just one but i thought the deal was decent enough for others to get in on it so i got them all.

i didnt know one was steel til i got there but i figured you could just do a co2 tank exchange and end up with an aluminum tank.

I'm definitely interested. It would be nice to have a backup tank.

I'll take one, I always seem to run out of gas immediately before a party!

I'd be interested in one. How are the hydro dates?

I'm definitely interested. It would be nice to have a backup tank.

Ok, one is yours

I'll take one, I always seem to run out of gas immediately before a party!

You got one.

I'd be interested in one. How are the hydro dates?

Hydro dates on the three are 2012, 2012, and 2013. Let me know if you want the last one.

I'm going to see if i can exchange the steel one for an aluminum one at Roberts Oxygen on Monday. If i cant then i guess the last one to show up to the GB gets the steel one.

... Hydro dates on the three are 2012, 2012, and 2013. Let me know if you want the last one.

I'm going to see if i can exchange the steel one for an aluminum one at Roberts Oxygen on Monday. If i cant then i guess the last one to show up to the GB gets the steel one.

Sure, I'll take the third one.

Thank you!

:off:Just finished brewing my OTWOA clone...sorta spur of the moment brew day as I really did not plan it out. Having a can of Wings as I type as a reward for a brew day in the books. Changed up my equipment a bit; added 3 way valves so I don't have to change hoses, added a port to one of my lids which makes things so much easier...cleaned in place all but the mash tun. Definitely shaved time off the brew day by doing it this way. Looking for my wheat for this brew, I found 5 pounds of CaraAroma I forgot I had!! AB clone is next in the queue!! Woot! Dang I have too much grain!! Cheers all!

First time involved in this, so I want to make sure I've got this right:

Pay at any time (I assume the earlier the better, with deadline fast approaching). Full sacks pay to Stonebrewer, splits to IslandLizard? Paypal info on one of the tabs in the price list?

gmhowell, welcome to the group buy.

you got everything right except one thing: don't pay until you're told to (and then be ready to do it quickly). payments collected just before the order is placed.

Hey guys. I couldn't swap the steel one for an aluminum one. They would have just gave me another steel one. So out of the three that are getting the tanks, last one gets the steel one. I plan on being there early since im responsible for a few of the splits.

Good news is that an exchange for a 20lb tank is like $3 more than a 5lb tank exchange at Roberts Oxygen in Springfield.

First time involved in this, so I want to make sure I've got this right:

Pay at any time (I assume the earlier the better, with deadline fast approaching). Full sacks pay to Stonebrewer, splits to IslandLizard? Paypal info on one of the tabs in the price list?

gmhowell, welcome to the group buy.

you got everything right except one thing: don't pay until you're told to (and then be ready to do it quickly). payments collected just before the order is placed.

The date 10/25 was set arbitrarily, something to aim for. We are looking to fill a pallet, 40 sacks that is, give or take. Then the final date needs to be decided upon.

You could pay any time really, but realize, splits that don't fill by the due date get cancelled, meaning some of those early paid monies may need to be refunded again.

We may want payment a few days to a week before the actual closing date, to prevent last minute panic buttons. We haven't decided on that yet.

Hey guys. I couldn't swap the steel one for an aluminum one. They would have just gave me another steel one. So out of the three that are getting the tanks, last one gets the steel one. I plan on being there early since in responsible for a few of the splits.

Good news is that a exchange for a 20lb tank is like $3 more than a 5lb tank exchange at Roberts Oxygen in Springfield.

It was worth a try. :rockin: Some places are easier going on that, the trick is to find those.

I always get mine filled, around $21 for 20#, while I wait. That way I get to keep my shiny tank. But it's due for a hydro test soon, so I need to find a place that does that without reaming. I'll fill it up right before though.

It was worth a try. :rockin: Some places are easier going on that, the trick is to find those.

I always get mine filled, around $21 for 20#, while I wait. That way I get to keep my shiny tank. But it's due for a hydro test soon, so I need to find a place that does that without reaming. I'll fill it up right before though.

Couldn't you just do an exchange at roberts oxygen or airgas for a tank with a more recent hydro date?

They never check the hydro date when i do exchanges.

btw that's an awesome deal on 20lbs of co2.

Thanks for the clarification. I wanted to make sure waiting until told wouldn't be waiting until too late.

Couldn't you just do an exchange at roberts oxygen or airgas for a tank with a more recent hydro date?

They never check the hydro date when i do exchanges.

btw that's an awesome deal on 20lbs of co2.

Technically yes, I could swap it out, but you know what some of those tanks look like. <ugh>

I get them filled on the south side of BWI, a fire protection equipment company. They may do hydro testing, given the volume they handle. There must have been 1000 extinguishers on the floor. He didn't look at the date at all.

For exchange they shouldn't care about the date, the filling plant checks them.

I have a 20 and 25 lb tank now, cause I NEVER want to run out of CO2 as that means I run outta beer...well not really, but I MIGHT run out of the beer I want NOW, and that is just unacceptable!! :D :D

This is a case of bigger is better as I found, like j1n, that I get about 5 times the CO2 for a couple of bucks more. Had a problem with a bad regulator that was blowing out CO2...must have done it when I was not around a half dozen times...one night I saw it do it and realized why I was blowing through CO2. Replaced the reg and have had this tank for over a year, still going strong...more in line with what I was expecting.

As far as the buy goes, really don't see this one closing until November based on the number of sacks currently on order. I expect people will start to brew more as fall turns to winter, so we may have a couple of buys go pretty fast after this one. Prepare for the winter brewing season folks!!

Cheers!

Greetings DC Brewers! My wife told me I have to brew my elderflower wheat once a month or no nookie for me so I'm in for a sack of Rahr white wheat + 1 sack of Crisp MO.

Cheers!
Steve da sleeve

I have a 20 and 25 lb tank now, cause I NEVER want to run out of CO2 as that means I run outta beer...well not really, but I MIGHT run out of the beer I want NOW, and that is just unacceptable!! :D :D

This is a case of bigger is better as I found, like j1n, that I get about 5 times the CO2 for a couple of bucks more. Had a problem with a bad regulator that was blowing out CO2...must have done it when I was not around a half dozen times...one night I saw it do it and realized why I was blowing through CO2. Replaced the reg and have had this tank for over a year, still going strong...more in line with what I was expecting.

As far as the buy goes, really don't see this one closing until November based on the number of sacks currently on order. I expect people will start to brew more as fall turns to winter, so we may have a couple of buys go pretty fast after this one. Prepare for the winter brewing season folks!!

Cheers!

Yeah, i had leak issues too. I'm pretty anal about checking for leaks now. If i had a pool i would submerge the entire tank with regulator to test for leaks.

Hopefully we can finish those splits soon. Also at least it wont be so hot in the brewery if the pick up is in Nov.

Yeah, i had leak issues too. I'm pretty anal about checking for leaks now. If i had a pool i would submerge the entire tank with regulator to test for leaks.

Hopefully we can finish those splits soon. Also at least it wont be so hot in the brewery if the pick up is in Nov.

If my pool wasn't closed for the winter I'd let you use it? ;) But what's wrong with a bath tub!??! A nice warm bubble bath for the good ol' CO2 cylinders... that should get it going again! :tank:

New to the group buy, if its still open for this round can you please put me down for:

2 x CRI1001 (Crisp Finest Maris Otter Ale 25 kg (55lb))

Thanks

brewing in order to keep the missus happy... there's a new one.

Well she also wants me to brew naked except for leather chaps and a hat... I like to make her happy but, you know, it's a bit of a safety hazard. I'm happy providing the wheat beer and her favorite IIPA...

She was in the WWF and is a couple of inches taller than me so generally I keep in line!

Steve da sleeve

Add me to the following open splits:
Weyermann® CaraMunich I® 25 Kg (55 Lb.) WEY1031 5lb
Weyermann® D-Husked Carafa III® 25 Kg (55 Lb.) WEY1067 5lb

Add the following full sacks for me:
BRI1002 Briess 2-Row Brewers 50 lb 1 sack

Greetings DC Brewers! My wife told me I have to brew my elderflower wheat once a month or no nookie for me so I'm in for a sack of Rahr white wheat + 1 sack of Crisp MO.

Cheers!
Steve da sleeve

Added.

New to the group buy, if its still open for this round can you please put me down for:

2 x CRI1001 (Crisp Finest Maris Otter Ale 25 kg (55lb))

Thanks

Added.

Add me to the following open splits:
Weyermann® CaraMunich I® 25 Kg (55 Lb.) WEY1031 5lb
Weyermann® D-Husked Carafa III® 25 Kg (55 Lb.) WEY1067 5lb

Add the following full sacks for me:
BRI1002 Briess 2-Row Brewers 50 lb 1 sack

Added.

We've got 36 sacks on the list now, but 9 of those are open splits with 190 lbs to go.

Maybe we should set a date in November?

This is my first time joining the group buy, let me know if I'm not doing this correctly.

From the open splits:
15# of Briess DME Pilsen Light 50 lb 3440C

# 5 Briess DME Pilsen Light 50 lb 3440C (I think this closes the split)

BRI1057 Briess 2-Row Chocolate 50 lb

ill take 5 lbs to start a split :)

#5 BRI1057 Briess 2-Row Chocolate 50LB

RAH1004 Rahr Pale Ale 50lb

BRI1057 Briess 2-Row Chocolate 50 lb

ill take 5 lbs to start a split :)

Added.

This is my first time joining the group buy, let me know if I'm not doing this correctly.

From the open splits:

# 5 Briess DME Pilsen Light 50 lb 3440C (I think this closes the split)
#5 BRI1057 Briess 2-Row Chocolate 50LB

RAH1004 Rahr Pale Ale 50lb

Welcome to the buy! :mug:

If you mean 5# of those 2 splits, yes, added.
Plus a sack of RAH1004 added.

So right now the only date that works for 3 Stars in November is Saturday, 11/22 (weekend before Thanksgiving). We would need to order by the evening of Saturday, 11/8 to give us 2 weeks for the delivery. That is about 3 weeks out. If that doesn't work, we will have to pick a time in December, which is a BUSY month for me. If the sack count gets moving in the next week or two, I think we shoot for the 22nd. If not, well it might be a while before we can work this into everyone's schedules...

November 22 sounds very good. We have 38 sacks on order, 9 of them being unfilled splits, 225# to go.

17 days is a reasonable time to round it up.
So brewers, if you want your grains rather sooner than later, you know what to do.

I need to change my order, sorry it's so late. Please cancel my order for:

WEY1003 Weyermann® Pilsner 25 Kg (55 Lb.)
WEY1017 Weyermann® Light Munich 25 Kg (55 Lb.)

However, would you please put me down for:

CRI1002 Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter 25 kg (55 lb)
WEY1063 CaraAroma® 25 Kg (55 Lb.) 15# (from the split)

I'll keep my other splits too.

~Mike

Can you please put me down for:

2x RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb
1x CRI1001 Crisp Finest Maris Otter Ale 25 kg (55 lb)

Thanks!

Added.

I will pick this up for Matt...

So noted.

I need to change my order, sorry it's so late. Please cancel my order for:

WEY1003 Weyermann® Pilsner 25 Kg (55 Lb.)
WEY1017 Weyermann® Light Munich 25 Kg (55 Lb.)

However, would you please put me down for:

CRI1002 Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter 25 kg (55 lb)
WEY1063 CaraAroma® 25 Kg (55 Lb.) 15# (from the split)

I'll keep my other splits too.

~Mike

No problem.
Changed your whole sacks order and added 15# of CA. That one is now closed. Thank you.

6 open splits with 150# to go!

Back