DC Area Group Buy #10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please realize those grains are easy to relocate. I can even use them myself if it comes to that.

What concerns me is I'm still looking at a huge pile of Carafa III to re-distribute. Res291que and I took on many extra pounds we didn't particularly bargain for to close that deal.

Maybe I like to see some added interest for those dark grains. I know Jason and Tony will grab a couple pounds each. 4 down, 11 to go?

ill take one:)

I can take 7# instead of my original 5#.

OK, 7 down, 8 to go.

I'm at 9# currently (13-3-1) and am fine with 8# total.

That said, we're now at 10 down, 5 to go.

res291que, can you please let us know how many pounds of Carafa III you really want to end up with? You're currently at 9# (12-2-1).

Last edited:
UPDATE:

royola, our splits participant in limbo, has shown up and paid for his grains. No need to take on his shares anymore. Thanks to everyone offering to take them.

Waiting to hear from res291que how much Carafa he really wants.

Carafa III:
Starting with res291que and me each with our original 5#, before we took on the extras to close things out, there was 15# to be reallocated.
So far those extra 15# of Carafa III will be distributed this way:
2# stonebrewer
2# masonsjax
2# reddskinnfan
3# IslandLizard
1# claphamsa
2# gmhowell

Well done gents! Thank you for your commitment.

12# down, 3# to go.
res291que may take those 3#, so let's wait for his response.

If so, we're all set, except for some small balances due.
That is, as long as BSG has all the grains we ordered. Will know soon. Man, I hope they got that Carafa now, or else...

I was only looking for a few pounds of the carafa III, but will gladly take what I need to to close the split. Also, not sure if there was a drop out from someone on the buy that I missed, but willing to help scoop up grain if need be. Thanks guys sorry for the delayed response.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Please realize those grains are easy to relocate. I can even use them myself if it comes to that.

What concerns me is I'm still looking at a huge pile of Carafa III to re-distribute. Res291que and I took on many extra pounds we didn't particularly bargain for to close that deal.

Maybe I like to see some added interest for those dark grains. I know Jason and Tony will grab a couple pounds each. 4 down, 11 to go?
sure, i can take a few pounds of C-III to help the cause.

sure, i can take a few pounds of C-III to help the cause.

I can take another pound or two if need be. That could be a lifetime supply!

Same here. I can take a few also so no one gets stuck with too much C-III. Just let me know.

How about this?
masonsjax, you got 2 already, leave it at that?
2# for sweetcell
2# for CaptainAl

I'll end up with 7, which is fine.

If you guys want more, let me know.
There may be a few more pounds to be found (redd, Tony, Keith, me, res291que)

This way those very specialty grains won't overwhelm anyone for the next 5 years. Except for Keith that is. He wanted 10#. He must have some serious stouts in mind after the Schwartzbeer.

Please don't feel you get stuck with it.
I've used Dehusked Carafa I in Porters and was very pleased with the smoothness and richness. If DH III is similar but just darker, it's a winner. Steep separately at 150°F and add to the boil right before flameout to prevent cooked coffee syndrome.

A few grains in an IPA adds a nice redness without traceable flavor.

I was only looking for a few pounds of the carafa III, but will gladly take what I need to to close the split. Also, not sure if there was a drop out from someone on the buy that I missed, but willing to help scoop up grain if need be. Thanks guys sorry for the delayed response.

You're getting 5# as it stands now. Is that OK? We can find you more.
Also see the previous few posts for details or the spreadsheet.

Yes, someone had dropped out but recovered gracefully. No grains left on the floor.

Carafa III wrap-up:

Each of you below have a small balance due. Please Paypal using F&F.

reddskinnfan $2.30
sweetcell $2.30
claphamsa $1.15
masonsjax $2.30

stonebrewer, I'm sending you an email.

Carafa III wrap-up:

Each of you below have a small balance due. Please Paypal using F&F.

reddskinnfan $2.30
sweetcell $2.30
claphamsa $1.15
masonsjax $2.30

stonebrewer, I'm sending you an email.
cool, i will get that paid right away.

so what is the situation with the extra MO? i'm just wondering if a payment if required for that too. frits, if you want it then go for it.

As it stands, you don't owe me anything.
Did you order 5# of Carafa III? There's none on your account.

I did find this post from you, saying you had plenty of Chocolate already.

Yeah, I wanted to offer my help if needed :)

funnycreature
Frits, do I owe you anything? Not sure if I got the 5lbs of caraffa 3.

I know someone that would share some! :D

Well, if you can pinch off a pound or so I'd be willing to try it out! :mug:

http://rasmus.com/auction/240771/marine-corps-community-services-party-fitness-hospitality-auction/

There are three two-tap jockey boxes on there (2 with SS coils, 1 is a plate chiller). Pickup is the day before our pickup at the Navy Yard. I'm close by if anyone wants to split a coil one up. I expect they need a lot of cleaning, but they will probably work very well as wort chillers. Also there is a regulator in at least one of them. I didn't see any CO2 tanks.

There is also another Beverage Air kegerator without the CO2 tank.

Okay guys... I have another engagement on the 22nd, so I need to be out of 3 Stars by 11:30-12:00. I am picking up splits for Sven (funnycreature), Jason (Masonjax) and Al (CaptainAl). I will bring my 75# scale to help get things done, as well as 10 buckets that I have leftover from Keith.

What time is the earliest we can get in there?

Okay guys... I have another engagement on the 22nd, so I need to be out of 3 Stars by 11:30-12:00. I am picking up splits for Sven (funnycreature), Jason (Masonjax) and Al (CaptainAl). I will bring my 75# scale to help get things done, as well as 10 buckets that I have leftover from Keith.

What time is the earliest we can get in there?

I've been able to get in there around 9:30, when 3Stars Mike and his crew arrive. The sorting of the sacks takes some time, so the earlier we can start, the better.

We can wrap up the splits you're taking, first.

I've been able to get in there around 9:30, when 3Stars Mike and his crew arrive. The sorting of the sacks takes some time, so the earlier we can start, the better.

We can wrap up the splits you're taking, first.

Before anyone shows up, let's check with 3 stars and make sure of the time. It has changed based on a number of factors from one buy to the next so I don't want anyone getting there and having to sit outside for an hour...that said, what Frits described is probably what is going to happen. Only those involved in the splitting of grain need to arrive early. EVERYONE needs to be there by noon as we start packing it up, cleaning, and preparing to head home about then.

Back