DC Area Group Buy #10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
codemunki
erikdhoward
gmhowell
islandlizard
schmoltsbeer
stevedasleeve
stuppy

If you are named above it is because I do not have paypal from you yet for the buy which ends TONIGHT! Please get it to me as if I don't get it I will have to leave you off the list...and who wants a sad brewer??

Cheers!

Tony did you get to check on the MO? Checking to see if we are ordering the bag before doing my paypal. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Tony did you get to check on the MO? Checking to see if we are ordering the bag before doing my paypal. Thanks

Ahhh...yes, I have a full sack from the last buy. Do you want half of it instead? I have plenty of malt and I have no plan to use MO in the next two brew days...

I actually should be okay until the next buy was just planning for the future. Might take you up on the part bag you have if I run into trouble before next buy goes through.

I sent a couple of paypal payments, and Paypal says they went through. So, I supposed, which payment do you need for full sack or split?

ALL New to the buy:

You must select sending to a friend/family option in PayPal or it deducts a fee. From the first post:

PAYMENT is via PayPal only! Pay the week before the buy by Friday at midnight. Pay me at the email address I used to send you the link to the sheet. Use the pay friend/family option and DO NOT pay via PayPal check! PLEASE put your HBT moniker in the note section so I know who you are. Collating email addresses is a pain!

OK, splits paid administration is now up to date.

3 split participants still need to pay up:

emyers <== has paid!
royola
stuppy <== I'll cover his splits, but will call him in the morning to square up his dues.

I've sent stuppy an email to his other addy. I'll call him tomorrow morning if needed.

Anyone have alternate contacts for the other 2?
I sent Eric (emyers) a reminder email this morning.
I had no contact info for royola.

==> I'm removing that sack of Pale Malt from my account, I have plenty of Barley right now.

Last edited:
Come on fellas we need to close that Carafa III if we each take an extra pound or two we can close this one out too. I'll do 2 more pounds.

res291que is taking an extra 2, I'm going to take an extra 5.

Now there's only 8 pounds left.
Looking for 4 strong brewers to take 2 pounds each. Who?

Or should we try military style volunteering?

I know its past the deadline, I was offline most of last night but in order to help close this out I dont mind taking 5lbs of the Carafa III

5# of Weyermann® D-Husked Carafa III® 25 Kg (55 Lb.)

I am on the road most of today and leaving soon but once you confirm this is good to go (or not) I will be able to make payment...or not...

Let me know and hope this helps...

I am sorry about the late payment, but you Tony you should have payment in your account now and Ftitz you as well. Thanks for the reminder by email Fritz.

I know its past the deadline, I was offline most of last night but in order to help close this out I dont mind taking 5lbs of the Carafa III

5# of Weyermann® D-Husked Carafa III® 25 Kg (55 Lb.)

I am on the road most of today and leaving soon but once you confirm this is good to go (or not) I will be able to make payment...or not...

Let me know and hope this helps...

OK, you got 5# of Carafa III. Thanks for helping out!

You could have prepaid it and if it was too late (is there such a thing, really?) or it didn't work out we simply refund it.

Always pay with Friends & Family since that's what we are. Looking forward to your payment.

Still 3# pounds of Carafa III to go. Wake up gents, we need to wrap this up soon.

I am sorry about the late payment, but you Tony you should have payment in your account now and Fritz you as well. Thanks for the reminder by email Fritz.

I'm glad the message reached you. Payment for splits received. A-OK!

==> A T T E N T I O N <==​
Since we're running out of time for collecting money from royola, we haven't heard back from him, I'm taking on his splits. I'm also funding the last 3# of Carafa to close that split.

I hope this does not mean I'm going to get stuck with all those grains. I believe there are some of you here that may want them so they are available on first come basis:

Code:
20#       Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter
5#        Simpsons Golden Naked Oats
5#        Weyermann® CaraAroma
5# to 15# Weyermann® D-Husked Carafa III*
* Note:
res291que took on an extra 7# and I took on an extra 8# of Carafa III the last few days just to get the split closed. If anyone wants some of these they are available until Nov 22, pick up day.

Basically the group buy is still open until then or until those grains have been allocated, except you can't add new sacks or splits.
Let's see if this works.

I do foresee some changes in the way we'll handle splits in the future. 95% works fine, as it should, but that other 5% needs serious managing at the most inopportune and crucial time.

I'll go ahead and take the last 3# of Carafa...therefore up my 5# to 8#...just to call this done...

Theres no reason for you to shoulder the whole amount...

on the flip side if anyone has a good all grain recipe to include Carafa please let me know...seeing as I had no plans for it and I have plenty of it now...some assistance would be great...

thanks

I'll go ahead and take the last 3# of Carafa...therefore up my 5# to 8#...just to call this done...

Theres no reason for you to shoulder the whole amount...

on the flip side if anyone has a good all grain recipe to include Carafa please let me know...seeing as I had no plans for it and I have plenty of it now...some assistance would be great...

thanks

I'll keep your 3# offer in mind, but let's first see if we can get some interest from others who benefit from this buy. It ain't over until...

Just pay me for the 5# for now.

I was going to use the Carafa III for a german swartzbier. I know it doesn't use much for that style but I'm sure a Dunkel or any dark german beer could use some.

Fritz put me down for the 5# of nakie Oats left! Let me know how much I owe you and I'll send it. And thanks to everyone for helping to close the carafa III split!

Frits: I have almost a pound of Carafa III from a brew 2 years ago...a little goes a loooooooong way. That said, put me in for 2 pounds of the excess. I may never use it, but at least I have it if I want to add some color/roastiness to a brew. I will take half of the MO if no one else wants it. Have 55 pounds, but what the heck...res291que may be interested in it as well.

ATTENTION:As of this morning, all payments for full sacks are in and accounted for except one which was paid for but with fees, so I refunded it and am expecting him to resend today...he is a long time buyer so I am not worried about it. As soon as I get the split money, I will call in the order and post the results, if there is anything to post. Thanks again to everyone who makes this happen, especially Frits and his ever improving spreadsheet!!!!!!

I actually do want some caraffa III, but I'm in no hurry. I'd be happy to buy a couple pounds from one of you that has too much when we do a future pickup.

If its not too late id like another sack of 2 row, i already sent payment. If you already placed the order just refund. I just found out im leaving to tx and there are no bulk buys there!!!

RAH1002 Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb

If its not too late id like another sack of 2 row, i already sent payment. If you already placed the order just refund. I just found out im leaving to tx and there are no bulk buys there!!!

RAH1002Rahr Standard 2-Row 50 lb

We are still on for hop plant swap, right? I have a second better bottle if you can give up 6 each of the Cent, Cascade and Magnum.

I'm leaving for the day, soon.

I will tally all the requests for the leftover grains tomorrow, and edit the spreadsheet to reflect the changes.
Fight over them, knock yourselves out.

So far:
Keith takes all 5# of naked Oats

We are still on for hop plant swap, right? I have a second better bottle if you can give up 6 each of the Cent, Cascade and Magnum.

Sorry i had a local guy come and sweep up most of my rhizomes for a large grow, i only have some santiam left.

I believe there are some of you here that may want them so they are available on first come basis:

Code:
20#       Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter
5#        Simpsons Golden Naked Oats
5#        Weyermann® CaraAroma
5# to 15# Weyermann® D-Husked Carafa III*
i'll take the remaining 10 lbs of the MO (in addition to what i already have on the split).

Damn...

Anyone need two better bottles and having anything to trade for them?

In the Spring, you are more than welcome to come over, drink my beer, and take any of the following with you:

Columbus (she is a BEAST!)
Mt. Hood
Nugget
Centennial
Cascade
Sterling
Willamette

If you have a hop plant, you can easily share with your friends by pulling back a bine in the spring until you get a buncha rootlets. Cut this and plant it in good soil and water it. You will definitely get a great plant out of this as long as you take care of it. This is a HARDY plant and can take a beating.

Of course, if you want to bring a beer or two with you, I probably won't turn it down....

In the Spring, you are more than welcome to come over, drink my beer, and take any of the following with you:

Columbus (she is a BEAST!)
Mt. Hood
Nugget
Centennial
Cascade
Sterling
Willamette

If you have a hop plant, you can easily share with your friends by pulling back a bine in the spring until you get a buncha rootlets. Cut this and plant it in good soil and water it. You will definitely get a great plant out of this as long as you take care of it. This is a HARDY plant and can take a beating.

Of course, if you want to bring a beer or two with you, I probably won't turn it down....

Would love to get some Columbus, Cascade, Centennial, Nugget and Willamette.

Let me know when/where.

Okay just finally had time to check does that mean we are splitting a bag of MO or not? Either is fine with me. Fritz and Tony just PM me any additional I owe will send it ASAP.

Thanks

islandlizard, are those extra 10 pounds mine? (stonebrewer took the other 10 lbs, i believe).

Please realize those grains are easy to relocate. I can even use them myself if it comes to that.

What concerns me is I'm still looking at a huge pile of Carafa III to re-distribute. Res291que and I took on many extra pounds we didn't particularly bargain for to close that deal.

Maybe I like to see some added interest for those dark grains. I know Jason and Tony will grab a couple pounds each. 4 down, 11 to go?

Okay just finally had time to check does that mean we are splitting a bag of MO or not? Either is fine with me. Fritz and Tony just PM me any additional I owe will send it ASAP.

Thanks

From what I understand you and Tony decided not to order that sack this round.

Back