Dank/citrus DIPA hop adjustment help..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo26

Reaction score
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1488218407.457117.jpg

Hey y'all... I was wondering if I could get a little advice on my hop bill to achieve a Super Dank and Citrusy DIPA for Tuesday. It's an 11gallon boil to be split into 2 fermenters. The hops I have listed are what I have to work with. I have read Summit does produce onion garlic sometimes and that's ok with me. I like a small touch of it. I like my beer dank hoppy, funky, citrusy, and dry as a bone. I am looking for some ideas on how to structure my hop additions. Any and all advice welcome.. Thank you and rock on!

Columbus is one i always associate with 'dank'. I think you cascade will get lost, especially in the dry hop, so you may want to just nix it to cut back on your massive vegetal load.

Thanks KingMatt.. This is a kind of clean out the freezer beer.. Maybe I'll just hold on to the cascade.. It's gonna hopefully be ready for the NCAA Final Four.. I'm also looking to be more efficient with my hops, but still pack a wallop.. I appreciate the reply.. Cheers man!

I agree with the kingmatt on Columbus. I think cascade and Simcoe give a nice citrus character. I have an ipa using those 3 that I love. It is easy for the cascade to get lost, though. I keep cascade and Simcoe pretty much even and go lighter on the Columbus.

Thanks Murphy.. I think what I'm gonna do is split the batch, drop the Cascade from the boil completely, and dry hop one with Galaxy/Columbus and the other with Cascade/ Columbus... Or Galaxy/Cascade.. Have two slightly different beers.. [emoji106]🏻

Or check my LHBS for something interesting.. Usually very limited though..

I am attempting building a dank IPA recipe with Columbus, Simcoe, and Apollo.

I have heard Apollo is pretty dank

I found some Nelson.. Gonna dry hop one with Galaxy/Columbus and the other with Galaxy/Nelson.. Bought to get started now..

Everything and anything that could go wrong did go wrong today. But just pitched yeast, set up blow off tubes, and having a bourbon... Dang, I hope these beers rock.. I earned it.. Haha

Back