Crowd sourcing some inspiration.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewStooge

Reaction score
Hi all, some soon-to-be summer creativity was striking the other day and I'm hoping to get a bit of input to bring it to fruition. For some unknown reason the other day when wandering into the brew shop I was compelled to pick up some sweet orange peel and ginger root thinking it would make for an interesting note to a mild, yet lively summer brew. Now I've been doing wheat for a number of the latest (actually just got done racking an attempt at DubbelDach's Watermelon Wheat, with high hopes for the results :) ) but that seems a bit soft for something with a couple sharp ingredients. Carapils, Crystal 10/20, and Vienna malts came to mind but not sure exactly sure how/what or if that's quite the route. I'm looking for a bit of a mid-light body/color, creamy mouth, with the orange/ginger as a side/high note probably with an OG in the 1.045-1.050 area give or take. Hop selections particularly appreciated, knowing one from another is far from my strong suit as of yet. Not sure if that makes sense to anyone other than me, I often tend to think of beer by the swallow and in fairly visual terms. :rolleyes: Anyone care to throw some ideas out there? Extract/AG/PM all work for me (with a minor catch that the AG is kept to about 10lb at most, still using a "mash in kettle" method for now).

I don't like fruit beers with too much body.

I made a wit recently with orange peel that was so good. I'd make that one again. It finished crisp and refreshing. In my opinion, fruit beer that doesn't finish that way is cloying.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Latest posts

Back