Craigtube- John Palmer interview

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just going to post this. Craig got me interested in brewing years ago and I still watch his videos! haha.

Yeah, me too. 5 years ago December we started watching videos with Craig, Steel Jan, etc to see what home brewing was like at the time. Good, basic interview.

I enjoy watching the Craigtube HBW videos and he was one of the first homebrew videos I watched. But I have to say he needs to drop the extract is good "validation thing". He has the genius John Palmer on his video and he spent about half the time trying to get John to say yes you can make good beer with pre hopped/boiled canned extract. We get it Craig, you like to save money and brew canned extract, that's awesome! Please stop explaining it in every video. You don't owe an explanation to anyone, brew the beer you like. But just like John Palmer said, you owe it to yourself to brew the best beer possible.

Edit: Not a knock against Craig or extract brewing, both brew great beer ;)

Odd. I like to SAVE money by NOT brewing extract!

I think Craig likes to brew extract because it's easy and fast.

Not knocking that, just sayin'

He did get into the extract is easier & less complicated part too. He had commentors in other HBW videos post questions they'd like him to ask John. So it turned out to be a mix of other's questions & his. He does seem to like quick, easy pipeline-fillers with a couple hop additions & the like though. Nothing wrong with that, considering how much beer costs up there.

Odd. I like to AVE money by NOT brewing extract!

I think Craig likes to brew extract because it's easy and fast.

Not knocking that, just sayin'

Agreed but I think his POV is whether it is extract or AG, it is still cheaper than store bought beer (in canada anyways). Extract is a little more but I agree that he does it because it's quicker.

Watched this last night. I liked John's point on rehydrating dry yeast instead of just sprinkling it on the wort. (Although we've all done it)....But for a long time now I always rehydrate before the pitch.

I dont mind some of his videos, but his all grain video makes me cringe.

Edit: After watching that. Holt crap man, give up the canned prehopped extract questions. So annoying.

He did get into the extract is easier & less complicated part too. He had commentors in other HBW videos post questions they'd like him to ask John. So it turned out to be a mix of other's questions & his. He does seem to like quick, easy pipeline-fillers with a couple hop additions & the like though. Nothing wrong with that, considering how much beer costs up there.

He does appear to require a pretty large pipeline :) Looks like he goes through a keg a week. If I was paying 40 for crap beer and drank as much as him I'd do the same.

He does seem to go through'em fairly quickly? That's got to be the prime motivator for AE pipeline fillers?

Back